not sure what i have?

chickkrzi

Songster
11 Years
Dec 8, 2011
Waco texas
Hi all, love the site. I have inherited 4 new hen, one Ameraucana I think (1st pic), one Plymouth Rock, and two Australorp(2nd,3rd pic) which is the ones I’m really not sure about. As you can see they have the black/green feathering and dark legs. The only problem I’m have trying to identifying them is. The bottom of feet are same color as legs and the red feathering under neck are. They haven’t laid any eggs yet (had them for only 2 days now) guess they are still getting use to new home and didn’t think to ask what color eggs they had laid. The guy that gave them to me had said he got them from a local feed store. It’s the same store I get my feed from. They had a lot of Ameraucana and Australorp chicks last spring. So I’m guessing that’s what they are. Also he said they are only 8 months old and same size as my 11 months old Buff Orpingtons. Thanks in advance for all your help.

ok seeing im a newbe and thanks to spamers i cant post pics,but understand wht BYC ad to do it. so lets try this. just add http://www. to url address below. mabe you can see the pics that way?
again thanks for the help

backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/113473_ameraucana_1.jpg
backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/113473_australorp_1.jpg[/img]
backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/113473_australorp_3.jpg[/img]

The first one is a EE. Ameraucana's have to have pink on the bottom of there feet not black, the leg color looks green not slate. Also thats not a am color pattern its a EE one. As for the other two i would go with everyone and say BSL.

Last edited:
I agree with the two sex-links and one easter egger. Those girls, the black ones especially, haven't been laying yet at all. Their combs are small and pale, so I don't think you're gonna see eggs from them until spring.

Hey thanks didn’t even think about them being black sex links. And about the combs being small and pale. Do you thinks it was poor diet? what can i do to help them out? didn't have any problems with my RIR or Orpingtion. they started laying at 6 months old. the BSL are at 8 months old now.

Back
Top Bottom