Not terribly new, but neglected to introduce myself...

Suellyn

Crowing
15 Years
Nov 7, 2008
SouthWestern PA
Hi, I have been lurking, reading, then posting since November '08, but somehow didn't notice this area (New Member Intros), so am posting a belated "introduction"...

My name is Suellen, and I live about an hour South of Pittsburgh, PA (SUPERBOWL CHAMPS AS OF LAST NIGHT, WOOHOO!!!!!).

I am new to chickens, but NOT new to animals, am a certified Veterinary Technician, who has been working as a full-time Zookeeper/Animal Trainer (mammal department, mainly primates, African Wild Dogs, and small mammals) for 15+ years. I have also worked with a LOT of birds, raptors, psittasines, some emu & ostrich (ratites), but NO CHICKENS...

I am married for almost 10 yrs to a wonderful, TOLERANT, man, who is a State Trooper by "profession"... and am a Mommy to 2 gorgeous baby girls, ages 4 and 7 years old.

Got into chickens 'cause my 4 year old has been OBSESSED with them since practically birth; I did a "chicken theme b-day party" for her, complete with some visiting chickens from a local BYCer... and of course ended up hatching a few of my own (THANX BYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)...

I will be ABSOLUTELY FINE, but have been off work since late June, needed some surgeries, and am enjoying myself as a "stay-at-home Mommy" and new chicken owner, thank you BYC for all of your help & new friends...

Chicks: 3 leghorns (being raised for a friend with a farm), 1 Serama "Flower", 1 RIR mix "Maybelline", one Sizzle, and 2 new white Silkies "Prada" and "Fendi"...

Hi, all, and thanks for everything!!!

frow.gif
from Kansas
welcome-byc.gif
You have been around awhile haven't you?! Neat place isn't it?!
smile.png

Hi
frow.gif
and thanks guys, yes it's a VERY nice place!!
love.gif

not to mention ADDICTIVE......
th.gif

PS: WegotChickens... I like your signature line....

Last edited:
Hi Suellen and welcome!!!!
I've been hangin out since june of 08. Kinda new but not realy any more.
I've got a question for ya. At the risk of sounding stupid how did you get the message ( chillin w/ my peeps) under your screen name?
I went to profile update but couldn't figure out where it is. Does it have to do with the avatar screen?
If anyone else can answer it would be appreciated.
Chickens are addictive aren't they. Miss Gracie and Mr. Chubbs bring me moore joy and smiles than I ever imagined. We are hoping to add a couple moore girls in the spring.
It's the simple things in life that bring the most joy.
Enjoy your birds!!!!!
smile.png

Quote:
Chickie Momma DI; The "chillin' with my peeps" thingy just appeared under my name, it's not anything that I DID, I think it has to do with number of posts, just shows up automatically. I was "new egg", then "just hatched", then "out of the brooder", now "chillin w/ my peeps" without doing anything other than POSTING
lol.png
!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom