Not what I ordered; what is he/she?!

Better view of Rhonda our "BO" she's solid white
Sorry it only will let me upload on at a time! Thank you for the help!!

How can you tell which are cockerels? I think the red tagged BO is but because in comparison he is the most aggressive and his is turning red first. Thank you for the responses
1f60a.png

#1 may not have as red of a comb but the slower feathering rate, size of comb, and leg size lead me toward cockeral

Thank you! I love learning about them! I really thought Gladys was a pullet but by what you say you think that the third BO (green tag) is my only pullet? Oh boy what I'm I gonna do with all these roos?!
1f602.png
I think most of my "hunches" are wishful thinking!

I work at TSC and I have quickly learned that when purchasing straight run birds of you wait till the last minute the pullets have already been picked for the most part. I'm sure other stores are the same.

I work at TSC and I have quickly learned that when purchasing straight run birds of you wait till the last minute the pullets have already been picked for the most part. I'm sure other stores are the same.

These I got the day they came in, there was a whole mess of them. The worker flipped a bunch over and "tried to give me pullets"
1f602.png

They are not supposed to tell you if they think its a cockeral or a pullet for the fact that if they give you 6 and say these are all girls and they end up being roos then it can come back on them. Now if it is sexed pullets thats another story.

Nope. They were day old straight run! He tried the flip them over and see if they pull their legs in trick. I knew I was taking a chance with these four; guess I will know for sure when they either start laying or crowing!

Back
Top Bottom