Not what you want to come home to (long) blood results post #67

yes i say the same thing as thewarriorchild as the blood could have came from the culpret too not all of it from your rooster, you make it sound like alot of blood was lost so i highly doubt it was all from you little big boy

Oh my! I hope your giant Roo is ok! That must have been quite a shock/scare - Do Not Wake Up Nugget!
See, I even know the rules!

Take care of the big boy! Keep us posted!

hugs.gif
Kate... that was one heck of a shock! for all of you (
hugs.gif
Nugget) .......

Keep him warm and give lots of treats and meds....... hopefully whatever did come in...won't try it again!..... Super Nuggett defender of all he purveys!! what a bird...........

This morning in the light I found more evidence of a fight in the yard. I don't know what he fought but the dirt and grass was pretty torn up. He's walking around fine and dandy, just limping some on that leg. I think you are right and not all the blood is his, there is no way he could lose that much and be in the shape he is in. I called a deputy friend of mine and he's going over this morning and look around for me and see if he can find any evidence of animal or human, I didn't have the time to do it this morning, funny how having a job can get in the way.

All the chickens are still pretty subdued, but the ducks are acting like nothing happened at all. I'll let you know if I find out anything else. Also, my mom is going to try and wash some of the blood off my porch, it looks like I killed someone out there, it's ugly.

Corn starch will help stop bleeding...I agree with cleaning, putting some antibiotic ointment on it- and wrap it.... poor guy... My aunts mom came home one time to blood on the floor in her house, and her dog had some on him, and so she rushed him to the vet- but he had no injuries any where, so the vet advised they call the police, thinking perhaps the dog had bitten an intruder. When the police arrived at the house, the front door was open, and there was blood in the closet next to the front door, and smeared on the doorknobs- obviously the dog had gotten ahold of someone, an they had hid in her closet to get away from the dog. They said she is lucky that she rushed the dog to the vet, rather than discover the intruder herself- which could have happened... instead he left after she took the dog to the vet...

Back
Top Bottom