Not what you want to come home to (long) blood results post #67

I would be so mad if that ever happened to me. I'm afraid to keep my chickens outside because I think there are bird fighters around my house and I don't want anything happening to my babies.

If the police find a suspected house and they find a person with a black eye ,broken nose, and cuts and bruises thats the guy who tried to steal him lol. I hope Nugget gets to feeling better! Poor guy

Writerofwords,

I have been watching this thread and did not comment as I have seen that so many people have said everything really, but have come back regularly to see if our Hero is doing ok.

It must have been so traumatic for you to come home to this scene, and to find poor Nugget injured.

I hope both he and you get over this soon. I am struck by the fact that he is now restricted due to the actions of a total idiot. It is not so important what their motive was, as either cockfighting or pure jealousy are just morally despicable.

It is a sad fact that in this world there are some that believe they have the right to take anything that catches their eye or stirs their blood.

I am so glad that it seems Nugget gave as good as he got. Now he is a again a true hero. I really hope that you get more answers to this and also the chance to see the criminal. I hope they are caught and punished, I am sure the evidence will be apparent. Good enough for them, they should be left with all of your Roos.

I also hope that soon you will be able to allow Nugget to return to his usual post at night. He really is some big bold guy, especially as he has now found love and is going to be a daddy.

best wishes to you all.

Quote:
Don't worry, no one is going to flame you, there is no reason too. I've said all along that I feel someone was on my porch and woke him up. There is a bad cock fighting underground here though, and maybe they wanted him for his size to breed larger fighters. No matter what, someone hurt my big guy, and now he's in a pen where he has never been and he doesn't like it.
Always feel free to express your opinion, as long as you aren't trying to be mean or start a fight, there will be no flaming on a thread of mine or I'll have it shut down in a heart beat, I've done it before.

I appreciate everyone's concern for the Nuggetron, I'm watching that spur closely for infection and so far it seems ok.

good to hear Nugget is doing better...the fact that it ACTUALLY WAS human amazes me...ppl around here just arent like that so for that to happen there to me is insane! So good you have so much help on your side tho from the law. I have 5 hens, but this story along with Wolf (which I am sorry, but I absolutely CANNOT believe there are states they would make you put your dog down because they were defending you house...that's NUTS- what are WATCHDOGS for then right?!) anyway, their stories have made me really wish I had gotten one boy just to watch over my poor girls.
hmm.png

Good luck, and hopefully somehow you can find out what happened!

He's only lost his freedom temporarily. I'm sure this case will be solved fairly soon. As so many have pointed out; Someone in town has some major rooster welts!!

And the forced confinement may help Nugget heal. He did lose blood, and he's a stoic who wouldn't show weakness.

Nugget is so super-cool! Give him a kiss and a tomato for me. I would love to see the state of the jerk thief. I hope law enforcement is keeping an eye out for ER visits featuring horribly infected, rough slashes. He should be tatooed with runes of shame, then tarred and feathered in the public square.

Quote:
LOL Yea, just imagine all the BYC members hiding in the bushes, then once the perpetrator arrives we all jump up and say "Freeze!" with everyone hold their favorite roosters
lau.gif

Dang it....my roo does not have spurs yet so I will have to detour through Georgia and bring the Suedenator to the assault.
gig.gif
I am sure Cyn would let me borrow him to help corner a chicken thief.

I am so glad Nugget is okay but I would be worried sick about the idiot coming back.

Back
Top Bottom