Novel writing

It's going well so far. The girl and her farm boy just started to realize that they are beginning to like eachother. HAHAHHA!
tongue.png

I don't write novels, but I have a journal that I write sentences in.

This is my favorite:
"Where the earth met the sky, a sun was rising, sending streaks of warmth and light across the wide and lonesome prairie landscape."

I'd really love to publish a few novels one day.

I'm working on what would be my first novel right now....sort of just starting it. I think i may have about 7 chapters done. I want to gage it to be Adventure/fantasy and Mystery along with some romance. It is stages on a world I created with four main characters however it might actually be 3 main characters....I suppose I will see how it progresses.

I had the initial idea for years. But I didn't really have the inspiration to start to write it because I didn't know how to start. It was about three months ago, that I read the hunger games trilogy, that I started to write every day a little bit and a little bit.

I'm not sure if I will share much though. As much as I would like I'm afraid of people stealing stuff. It has happened before to me with school work that was plagiarized from me by another person who was doing the same class then I got accused for plagiarizing. :(

I love that there is a novel writing thread though!

This is great. I had no idea that there was a thread on here for novel writing. I finished a novel back in October and was actually trying to find an agent, but I think I rushed with the editing process just because I was so happy to have finished it. I will probably go back to it the first of 2014. Right now, I am working on a trilogy and collectively have about 200 pages. I have worked on some short stories just for practice. If anyone is interested, I could post them here.

That would be great! What is your story about? :)
The story that I finished, Resilient, is a romantic suspense novel. It is about twin girls who grow up in an abusive environment. They end up running away from home at sixteen and after getting in and out of trouble over the years, the main character decides she wants to just live a normal life and put her past behind her. The trouble lies with her sister who is still mad at the world and causes trouble for the main character with her vendetta and ends up ticking off the Mafia in the process.

My trilogy would probably be considered a Young Adult Science Fiction story. It is set in the future many years after the world has been devastated by yet another war. It follows a group of teenagers/young adults who start out in a small quiet town where they are self sufficient and disconnected from the rest of the world. The main character's father is a missionary and travels with others to find people that are still left. When the missionaries are captured, the people in the small town discover that there is a lot more going on than they had realized. When they are forced to leave, they set out on a journey to stop the evil that threatens to take over the world and discover that nothing is as it seems.

By the way, ClucksandPeeps, love your location.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom