now I'm in panic mode

feather2

Songster
11 Years
Nov 28, 2008
north haven, ct
Day 27, two little pips for the runners, but had to change the water and now the humidity has spiked to 83 degrees. Have I killed them? OMG I am going to be up all night

I'm sure they'll be fine. Just relax, and let them hatch...... and DON'T be tempted to open the incubator to check, or help, or anything like that.

Good luck!

Seriously? Another thread? LOL, over 83% humidity? LOL. No, you haven't killed them. 85% is, in fact, the humidity that I shoot for when hatching ducklings (and I have been doing this for 25+ years). Why would that level concern you? It is well within the range of normal and seriously by this point in incubation, it is way too late to worry if your humidity had been too high.

Didn't a couple other people already say not to worry until day 30 or after? Runners typically hatch later than other Mallard-derived breeds and it is completely normal for them to take 48-72 hours from pip to hatch. I would sit on your hands and just leave them be! LOL. Nothing ruins more hatches than messing with the incubator during "lock down".

Back
Top Bottom