NPIP?

ThePigeonKid

Songster
9 Years
May 24, 2010
Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
I live in Ohio. Who do I contact to get NPIP certified? And, how does it work? Can I set an appointment with them now, for September? And will you be certified on the spot, or will you have to wait for paperwork? I ask because I want to be certified before a show I'm going to in October.

I live in Ohio. Who do I contact to get NPIP certified? And, how does it work? Can I set an appointment with them now, for September? And will you be certified on the spot, or will you have to wait for paperwork? I ask because I want to be certified before a show I'm going to in October.
Hello
Here you go Ohio Poultry Association 5930 Sharon Woods Ohio 43229
phone #614-882-6111
A lady named Candy did my birds. They generally will call you back and set up an appt that is best for both you and the tester. I had mine tested last Oct. You are tested and then you get paper work in mail. You will get a book and some other things that show you were tested and they will send out the AI test and that will take long to get test results.
Hope this helps
Michele

Where are you showing and what, if I might add. I want to show also. I just don't know how to go about it.

I don't know of any. I heard about the Lucasville one. I've been to Ohio Nationals, but never showed. I was told I shouldn't start with a big show, but to try smaller shows first to get used to it. Personally I believe them. I'm scared to show. Who would have thought at 47 I would be afraid to show. I just need to go to a few more shows. I have D'Uccles and a couple Marans pullets that are nice looking, lay about a 5 to 6 in color.

Back
Top Bottom