Nu Stock

jBabychickn

Songster
Jul 19, 2021
Lexington, KY
My Coop
My Coop
I noticed during a normal check-over of my girls that one of my hen’s feet has symptoms of scaly leg mites, and then another looked like she might have a bit going on with her as well, but it’s not as bad, only on 1-foot/2-toes, but she is the infected Hen’s roost mate. They both are at the bottom of the pecking order and sleep off at a corner of the coop together.

— Anyway, I’m treating them with Nu-stock tonight. I figured that would be best, so that no one’s running around rubbing the ointment off too soon or getting everything in the chicken yard stuck to their feet due to the wetness & stickiness of the salve. —

I wonder…💭 — Would it be smart to put the ointment on, then apply a wrap with vet tape to keep it clean & to let it soak in real good? —

Thoughts? 🤷🏻‍♀️💭

I noticed during a normal check-over of my girls that one of my hen’s feet has symptoms of scaly leg mites, and then another looked like she might have a bit going on with her as well, but it’s not as bad, only on 1-foot/2-toes, but she is the infected Hen’s roost mate. They both are at the bottom of the pecking order and sleep off at a corner of the coop together.

— Anyway, I’m treating them with Nu-stock tonight. I figured that would be best, so that no one’s running around rubbing the ointment off too soon or getting everything in the chicken yard stuck to their feet due to the wetness & stickiness of the salve. —

I wonder…💭 — Would it be smart to put the ointment on, then apply a wrap with vet tape to keep it clean & to let it soak in real good? —

Thoughts? 🤷🏻‍♀️💭
I've never heard of using nu stock, most folks use Vaseline.
I would skip the vet tape.
Got it!

Thoughts? 🤷🏻‍♀️💭
Nu Stock cream is an excellent treatment for SLM. Apply the cream at least a couple of times a week making sure to work it up and underneath the scales of the feet/legs.

Do not wrap the legs.

Back
Top Bottom