Nubian boer cross

Yep!
17139_soap_page_007.jpg

These two beauties are going to give us pretty babies and decent milk. Expect maybe 60 ounces a day more or less.

Chris

Quote:
I have a cross nubian/boer that gives almost a gallon a day. She weighs 120lbs. She isn't the calmest goat, but she produces.

I get about 3/4 of a gallon from onr of my Nubian/Boer crosses. She stands VERY well and has nice big teats. They are definitely worth considering for milking
smile.png

The teats are HUGE aren't they? I was amazed that a goat that was never hand-milked would have such a big udder and huge teats. They are bigger than my alpines, oberhaslies or even other nubians. It must be the boer in the cross.
I milked a couple of pure boer this early spring, but they didn't give the milk or have the pure size of udder that the cross does. They only bad thing is that it has more a boer attitude than a nubian attitude.

I have 2 pregnant does that are 50% nubian 50% boer. They are bred to a boer right now. I was wanting to get my own buck this year and dont know if i should get a boer, nubian, or nigerian dwarf for some form of mini nubian kids? What would be my best choice in this situation? Thank you!

I have 2 pregnant does that are 50% nubian 50% boer. They are bred to a boer right now. I was wanting to get my own buck this year and dont know if i should get a boer, nubian, or nigerian dwarf for some form of mini nubian kids? What would be my best choice in this situation? Thank you!

To start a new thread and not resurrect one that is almost 6 years old. :)

That being said, it depends on what you want the kids for and the size of your does.
If you plan to just sell the kids off at auction, then go with a Boer provided your doe has enough size to successfully birth high % boer kids. (They are notorious for big heads)
If you want kids that can potentially milk for you next year, go with a Nubian.
If you want mini kids (these won't be mini nubians, they will be mini 1/4 Nubian 1/4 Boer 1/2 Nigerian kids) then get a Nigie.

Back
Top Bottom