Nutrena Chicken Feed

We feed the Nutrena Naturewise line because other than the rural king brand, it’s all I can get without a 30+ min drive (which only gets me a TSC, which has higher prices anyways) - there is a Purina dealer in town, but their feed is even more expensive than the Nutrena Naturewise! I just bought two bags of the Nutrena Country Road all flock, because that one is significantly cheaper at $15/50 lb bag (all the Naturewise are $20/40 lb bag here) and according to the Nutrena website the only difference between the two lines is that the Naturewise line doesn’t have any animal byproducts ingredients. The Country Roads also has a lot more “byproduct” ingredients…but I’m ok with that as long as we don’t see lower egg production. If we do, we will just go back to Naturewise.

That being said, I don’t feed the layer feed, I don’t like the protein percentage in it. I actually feed the feather fixer to my hens most regularly, as it has basically the same calcium as the layer feed with more protein. For my roosters, they get the all flock because of the elevated calcium in the feather fixer.

I also use their chick starter and their meat bird crumbles and have been happy with the results of all of them.

We feed the Nutrena Naturewise line because other than the rural king brand, it’s all I can get without a 30+ min drive (which only gets me a TSC, which has higher prices anyways) - there is a Purina dealer in town, but their feed is even more expensive than the Nutrena Naturewise! I just bought two bags of the Nutrena Country Road all flock, because that one is significantly cheaper at $15/50 lb bag (all the Naturewise are $20/40 lb bag here) and according to the Nutrena website the only difference between the two lines is that the Naturewise line doesn’t have any animal byproducts ingredients. The Country Roads also has a lot more “byproduct” ingredients…but I’m ok with that as long as we don’t see lower egg production. If we do, we will just go back to Naturewise.

That being said, I don’t feed the layer feed, I don’t like the protein percentage in it. I actually feed the feather fixer to my hens most regularly, as it has basically the same calcium as the layer feed with more protein. For my roosters, they get the all flock because of the elevated calcium in the feather fixer.

I also use their chick starter and their meat bird crumbles and have been happy with the results of all of them.
The feather fixer has 18% and the All flock has 20% though?

Something like that, yes. I don’t have the labels in front of me, I just know the layer was the lowest protein at 16%. They have two different all flocks in the Naturewise line though, and they have different protein levels. I think the crumbles are 20% and the pellets are 18%, if I remember correctly…

I can’t remember what the Country Road all flock was, but I want to say 18 or 20%.
The Country feed is 18%, the Naturwise All Flock is 20%.

Oop my bad lol, I didn’t know you were talking about the layer feed. Yes , I wouldn’t feed anything under 18% 😃 I read wrong lol

Something like that, yes. I don’t have the labels in front of me, I just know the layer was the lowest protein at 16%. They have two different all flocks in the Naturewise line though, and they have different protein levels. I think the crumbles are 20% and the pellets are 18%, if I remember correctly…

I can’t remember what the Country Road all flock was, but I want to say 18 or 20%.
The All Flock pellets are 20% protein, it's what I feed my girls

Back
Top Bottom