Nutrena Naturewise All Flock

There are actually some pretty significant differences between the Naturewise and Country Feeds (besides just the bags!)
lol.png

Naturewise is a natural, all vegetarian diet. It is more of the "premium" of the two. Includes prebiotics and probiotics for improved digestion and feed utilization. It has tageted amino acids for egg production and quality, a proprietary natural ingredient to maximize gut health and improve immune system response, marigold extract to make those egg yolks, beaks and legs nice and pretty, and no antibiotics, hormones, etc.

Country feeds is a solid feed at a good price; it does not have all the extras that the naturewise has. Depending on your region it may or may not include animal protein products (meat and bone meal). It has a good energy level and a competitive amino acid package. It also does not contain antibiotics or hormones.

Both feeds contain a full vitamin and mineral package. Both will do a good job with your birds and choosing one or the other will depend on availability and what you want to accomplish over all with your flock. Also, just a reminder - if you are feeding All Flock and you have laying hens in the mix, be sure to provide free choice oyster shell for extra calcium.
yippiechickie.gif

Hope this info helps!

Tiffany,

I switch amongst feeds, switching from Gamebird to All-Flock. I raise wild waterfowl, pheasants, and quail. The 2 local feedstores carry different brands, and I visit both. The gamebird food is crumbles, I prefer the pellets, but it also has animal protein, which I prefer, and I can find out more information about the diet.

I wish your website would provide more information about the feed so I could compare them better. What is the ME of All-Flock? What is the vitamin, particularly thiamin and niacin content? What is the total amino acid breakdown? What is the level of linoleic acid?

Thanks!

Clint

Whats the difference between the naturewise and country feeds scratch??

The differences in these two bags of scratch will vary greatly depending on your region. I can speak to what you would see in Boise since I am near your area, but if anyone else wants to know other mixes I can look it up for them. In Boise your Country Feeds and Naturewise scratch will be the same grain mix and will contain whole milo, whole oats and cracked corn.​

Quote:
The differences in these two bags of scratch will vary greatly depending on your region. I can speak to what you would see in Boise since I am near your area, but if anyone else wants to know other mixes I can look it up for them. In Boise your Country Feeds and Naturewise scratch will be the same grain mix and will contain whole milo, whole oats and cracked corn.

Thanks
smile.png

Quote:
Hi Clint,
These are great questions. Some of this information is proprietary, but there are some details I will be able to share with you. Can you PM me and let me know where you are located and also if you are using Naturewise or Country Feeds All Flock?
Tiffany

I plan on using this feed but what would I feed my ducklings for up to 7 weeks? I know for the first two weeks I will feed them starter, but then what?

Thansk!

I see that it's been a while since the last post on this topic but would like know something else. Well...what we were told to feed our duckys of all ages is/was Nature Wise Meatbird @ 22% protein. Our feed store told us that this is what they feed all their duckys for the rest of their lives, however, this goes against everything I've read. I finally went to my feed store today and purchased a small, handmade bag of the "All FLOCK" and have decided to switch over to this for our 9-10 wk old Pekins. Im still keeping our 4-5 week old variety ducklings on the Mearbird until they are the "7 wk old" as recommened, unless anyone else believes I should do something different??!!

Mini Moe - Sandy Moe

You're doing it just right!
Keep them on meat bird until around 7-8 weeks old and then go to All-Flock.
If you have duck that are future layers then you'll need to provide oyster shell for extra Calcium when they start to lay.
I can't get meat bird where I'm located, so I use grind the all-flock and add SoyBean meal to boost the protein content.
My chickens seem to love the All Flock as well.
Hope this helps!
:)

I see that it's been a while since the last post on this topic but would like know something else. Well...what we were told to feed our duckys of all ages is/was Nature Wise Meatbird @ 22% protein. Our feed store told us that this is what they feed all their duckys for the rest of their lives, however, this goes against everything I've read. I finally went to my feed store today and purchased a small, handmade bag of the "All FLOCK" and have decided to switch over to this for our 9-10 wk old Pekins. Im still keeping our 4-5 week old variety ducklings on the Mearbird until they are the "7 wk old" as recommened, unless anyone else believes I should do something different??!!

Mini Moe - Sandy Moe

Back
Top Bottom