Nutri-drench?

BARobbins

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2024
I have a SLW that has been having egg issues from minimal production to soft eggs or super thin, rough shells. She is active eating drinking plenty of calcium available in varied forms. I ordered some nutridrench and curious if any others find this beneficial
20240408_183328.jpg
to their flock?

I use Nutri drench on the first day when I get a new batch of chicks. Thereafter if I have some that's about to expire, sure I'll dump in their water, it's a great vitamin boost. I wish I could be the one tell you that's it's improved egg quality but I don't really know. I've heard that though and I'm really curious. It certainly is a good experiment. What are the types of calcium you are feeding her?

I ordered some nutridrench and curious if any others find this beneficial
Something like Rooster Booster (brand) poultry cell or poultry booster might be a better choice in THIS type of circumstance.

I do find the PND highly useful for newly hatched chicks and for birds that may have otherwise gone off of feed or be having digestion issues.. since it's patented for rapid absorption. I have seen it work virtual miracles in chicks, but limited *noticeable* results for adult birds already in good health and with a good diet.

This following link might be helpful.. I'm thinking between #15, 16, 17..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/common-egg-quality-problems.65923/

Something like Rooster Booster (brand) poultry cell or poultry booster might be a better choice in THIS type of circumstance.

I do find the PND highly useful for newly hatched chicks and for birds that may have otherwise gone off of feed or be having digestion issues.. since it's patented for rapid absorption. I have seen it work virtual miracles in chicks, but limited *noticeable* results for adult birds already in good health and with a good diet.

This following link might be helpful.. I'm thinking between #15, 16, 17..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/common-egg-quality-problems.65923/
Thank you for your advice on this and agree 15-16 for sure.

I use Nutri drench on the first day when I get a new batch of chicks. Thereafter if I have some that's about to expire, sure I'll dump in their water, it's a great vitamin boost. I wish I could be the one tell you that's it's improved egg quality but I don't really know. I've heard that though and I'm really curious. It certainly is a good experiment. What are the types of calcium you are feeding her?
Main feed is 18%-layer pellets and I have oyster shell and lots of crushed egg shells. We offer BSFL lil scratch and some high end natural feed on the side.... oh and some greek/plain yogurt in the AM.

Back
Top Bottom