Nutrition for Chicken Flocks--Downloadable .PDF

EuroChook

Songster
Jul 18, 2023
Courtesy of the Alabama (University) A&M Extension Program. This covers most bases. The file opens small, so mouse wheel that thing to a size you can read. Good feeding guidelines for egg-producers and meat-producers (as sad as that is. I don't want to think about it).

*Most definitely virus-free file.

Attachments

• Nutrition for Backyard Chicken Flocks.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 22
Courtesy of the Alabama (University) A&M Extension Program. This covers most bases. The file opens small, so mouse wheel that thing to a size you can read. Good feeding guidelines for egg-producers and meat-producers (as sad as that is. I don't want to think about it).

*Most definitely virus-free file.
Great info, especially for anyone considering making their own feed. I was surprised at how much protein goes to laying eggs vs. to feather growth.

Great info, especially for anyone considering making their own feed. I was surprised at how much protein goes to laying eggs vs. to feather growth.
Aww you love me, when people dont. Thank you. Ha but seriously, right on. Protein! Vitamin D, calcium and phosphorus also take people by surprise. So many just rely on proprietary feed.. but often that gives no clear data about nutrient amounts. After posting at reddit or... whatever that other one is that looks exactly the same, I came here on the same mission, just to post on such things... which some people don't like. They consider me a stranger and... word? Upstart or whatever. But yeah. I only ever say what I am absolutely convinced about. There. Couch session over.

Aww you love me, when people dont. Thank you. Ha but seriously, right on. Protein! Vitamin D, calcium and phosphorus also take people by surprise. So many just rely on proprietary feed.. but often that gives no clear data about nutrient amounts. After posting at reddit or... whatever that other one is that looks exactly the same, I came here on the same mission, just to post on such things... which some people don't like. They consider me a stranger and... word? Upstart or whatever. But yeah. I only ever say what I am absolutely convinced about. There. Couch session over.
Yes, but it's truthful and factual and a great resource. I checked and you have it in the right place, under Feeding & Watering your Flock. I would just keep an eye out when someone's asking questions about making their own feed as I do believe so many people just toss a few bags of grains together with some corn and figure that's great. Well, just corn used to be great too back in the day, but those chickens didn't live as long either!

Back
Top Bottom