Nutritional yeast

MollyJANEEEE

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2017
NH
I have 8 one-week old ducklings. I have researched and have decided that adding niacin for their diet would be good. How much do you guys suggest per day/gallon/to sprinkle on food?

**I am in a small town where brewers yeast and niacin is hard to find so I can not use those. Will nutritional yeast work?

I don't know anything about feeding it to poultry, but yes, for people, nutritional yeast is the preferred product to add to our food. Back in the day, (1960's) we didn't have the option and used brewer's yeast.

I have 8 one-week old ducklings. I have researched and have decided that adding niacin for their diet would be good. How much do you guys suggest per day/gallon/to sprinkle on food?

**I am in a small town where brewers yeast and niacin is hard to find so I can not use those. Will nutritional yeast work?

Hi there! Complete poultry feeds, such as Purina Flock Raiser, contain enough niacin for growing ducks. There is no need to supplement with extra niacin if using that feed. This makes it easier for you since you don’t have to try and find a source of niacin and then figure out the best way to get it into the duck. The niacin requirement for growing ducks is 55 ppm. Purina Flock Raiser contains at least 65 ppm niacin.

Back
Top Bottom