NY chicken lover!!!!

went to Runnings ...A dream store ...has everything right there ..No chicks though ... They had Chick starter grower for 13.99...checked the receipt ...Sale Price 11.85 for 40 pounds
After the first month I usually grow out with chick feed from Barski's. I think I pay $9 for 50 lbs cash out the door. Its very basic feed but my chicks have done well with it.

A DUCK QUESTION ... We have 3 boy ducks ...does each duck need its own hen ? The boys are chasing my hens esp the broody ones ..or each other ..total frustrated ... We are trying to figure out what to do with them ..either sell them or give them away ..or Just keep a pair ... I swear they look at me ...saying ...Mom we need a lady ... A RELATED QUESTION.. Is anyone interested in white muscovy ducks ? People down the road from us have some & will be moving in june ..they dont want to take all the ducks . I can ask about them if anyone is ? They look sort of like these
ducks-370.jpg
Usually one drake has several hens. Even at 1:1, they tend to still be a little crazy... I'd love the scovies! I have a huge white drake, and two hens who are still too young to breed. I have been using him over my pekins for moulards, but he is heavy, and I have one inside right now with leg issues. My other moulard maker is starting to get broody... I think he would appreciate some more ladies...

went to Runnings ...A dream store ...has everything right there ..No chicks though ... They had Chick starter grower for 13.99...checked the receipt ...Sale Price 11.85 for 40 pounds
We went to Runnings on Tuesday and compared a few prices vs the Tractor suply on rt 31. Many prices were much cheaper at Runnings with a much bigger selection as well. I can't imagine TSC being able to survive at that location. The Auburn TSC is more convenient though for our everyday farm needs. Runnings said they were getting more chicks this past Friday. What day did you go? .

We went to Runnings on Tuesday and compared a few prices vs the Tractor suply on rt 31. Many prices were much cheaper at Runnings with a much bigger selection as well. I can't imagine TSC being able to survive at that location. The Auburn TSC is more convenient though for our everyday farm needs. Runnings said they were getting more chicks this past Friday. What day did you go?

I do like Runnings but TSC is closer. Whatever I'd save I lose in gas cost. Another VERY important thing is that TSC will price match the same products. So if Runnings is having a sale on Nutrena feeds, TSC will match it. The same with other supplies too.

I also have Country Max and they have good prices too. Keep in mind that heritage lines need more protein than your hybrid layers. Mine do better with a higher protein. I haven't had any real bad molts like some.

TSC has started selling Nutrena feeds but it's more expensive. Watch those bags because some are only 40#'s.

Also keep in mind that when a new store opens they'll drop their prices to "reel" you in. Then once they've got you prices will slowly rise.

Also and this is IMPORTANT! Check the dates on the feed you buy. I've had moldy old feed from CM and let them know it.

Old feed loses it's nutritional value.

Quote: You must be closer to auburn than Syracuse ..as I live in Jordan & go to the Auburn TSC more than I go to the clay / rt 31 one
Barski's.- I used to go there for layer ..my chickens stopped laying ..when I fed them just their layer .
I ferment the food ..so it should have more protein....their prices are great ..I have got sunflower seeds ...! just dont trust their layer.
They would not tell me the percentages in their feed either ...

I didn't know TCS matched prices either. I try to buy from our local feed mill Mcdowell Walker but sometimes I go to TSC for other stuff anyway. I do know our Advanced Auto Parts price matches because I was complaining how high their hytrans fluid was and they price matched it to what I usually pay at another place.

Back
Top Bottom