NY chicken lover!!!!

A few silkie eggs are due to hatch today or tomorrow. No pipping when I left for work this evening...we shall see in the morning! Ideal sent me tracking info and says chicks are due to arrive Saturday! They said they won't include a slip of what chicks were sent so it will be a guessing game!

Its REALLY exciting in here! The chicks are adorable! My little girl keeps asking for some.

No illness with the girls. Praising God for that one because I'm not sure I was ready for it. I did order something to treat it when/if there is something that comes on.

One thing we do know is two of my EE'er's are the culprits to the picking. They all have a little bit (except the sweet australorps) but the worst are the brown and black EE'ers and I think they're going after each other. I think they are the bottom of the pecking order. Nobody including the smaller girls want to be around them but the smaller girls have gotten stuck with them at times. So, now that I know what's going on, I have to come up with a plan. Their back ends are pretty bad.
barnie.gif

Congratulations Bakingintherain!

Last edited:
We looked into Direct TV but we'd need to cut down trees.
I was told at the ALBC conference years ago that if eggs get stuck in the fridge just put them in the incu anyways. Guess they were right about them hatching.
We have TW ...the way I understood it is
Yes they are going to all digital ..
For now you can call or go on line to get a adapter ..
If you wait ...at some point they will charge you for it ..3.95
Right now it is free

@rancher hicks just a suggestion. If you can get high speed internet through your phone.
Buy a roku from WalMart. Tons of free channels. And $10 for Netflix, movies.
$10 a month for Hulu plus, for all the TV shows.

@rancher hicks just a suggestion. If you can get high speed internet through your phone.

We got rid of cable over a year ago and never looked back. You can also buy a modem so you don't have to pay 8-10.00 extra for renting high speed modems from them but we have the added phone with them so we'd have to pay the monthly modem charge. We have Hulu Plus, we use Youtube and my husband has been thinking about Roku. Our bill went from a hundred and 50 a month to around 50.00 or so. I'd like to get rid of the rented modem but that will have to wait.

I think we're going to buy Amazon Prime and use the shows, movies, buying books and getting grocery deals as well as regular deals throughout the year with them. I'm hoping another 60.00 deal will come around for the membership. it's 99.00 but with tax around 108.00 If I can get everything ...books, FREE shipping on things we'd normally buy, streaming, etc. I think it will be an overall better deal than the ala cart we're doing right now.We are still getting basic channels with News 3, 5, 9, PBS stations, WEtv, MEtv and a couple of other oldies stations I'm really liking for free. I don't like spending tons of money on lots of channels that we don't watch. It's ridiculous to pay that much!

We have a Roku and use Netflix and Amazon Prime, no cable. Works great for us. We aren't big tv watchers, and my favorite shows were always the rerun cop shows anyway. With my 3-year-old I was concerned about her being exposed to the insane advertising propaganda on tv.

It is really exciting in here with all the chicks hatching and shipping! Must be spring
wee.gif

I have to order some chicks from my local hardware store this weekend- due in April 1. Had someone who was going to go in on an order with me, but haven't heard from him. Looks like I'll raise 6 again and have a few to give away in the end!

Congrats to those who have chicks or are expecting them! Last weekend had more chicks hatch here & they're now with broodies Lydia & newbie Gracie.

No cable here, just DVDs, Amazon Prime & Youtube. And only one bar of cell phone service if you place the phone by the window in one of the bathrooms!

wee.gif

I have to order some chicks from my local hardware store this weekend- due in April 1. Had someone who was going to go in on an order with me, but haven't heard from him. Looks like I'll raise 6 again and have a few to give away in the end!
Are you close to me ? I am in Jordan ..I hate that you have to get 6 ..
I miss my 1 comet ...she was the most precious egg laying machine..

Back
Top Bottom