NY chicken lover!!!!

Well, we are GAINING experience, that's for sure! But, unfortunately three of our newer girls we THOUGHT were going to lay large but looked them up again and it says medium, so very doubtful they will get bigger, we're giving them a little time before we decide to trade/sell them though. ;)

Aria, where are you finding chickens around here? I look periodically on FB or craigslist but never seem to have luck...not looking at this moment but would be nice to know. Has anyone ever gone to King's Auction in West Winfield? I've heard it's actually pretty decent.
I'm not sure where in NY you are, but in the "Poultry NY/PA Surrounding Areas" group on FB, they are having a Swap meet in Cortland on Nov 3 at the Tractor Supply. There are lots of chickens on that all of the time... I am in 3 different groups on there.. mostly to learn. They are often on the others also.

I'm in the Oswego/Fulton area. Checking around to see if anybody locally is going to have any Naragansette Poults in the spring. Also interested in other types of Orpington hatching eggs, outside of Lavender and Buff.

Hello fell New Yorkers. I live in Melrose, NY (capital district) and am looking for breeders of quality breeding stock of Black Australorp and Silver Laced Wyandotte’s.
Any recommendations?
Thx
FuzzyBadger

Hello fell New Yorkers. I live in Melrose, NY (capital district) and am looking for breeders of quality breeding stock of Black Australorp and Silver Laced Wyandotte’s.
Any recommendations?
Thx
FuzzyBadger

Welcome!

I don’t know of any off the top of my head but I would check out poultry show central.com and take a peak at the directory.

I wish I could be of more help! But I mainly focus on breeding and showing silkies.

5BBE7438-5DD1-4349-9435-B30470E62CA3.jpeg

Welcome all new NY chicken tenders and Merry Christmas all NY Chicken friends.
This year has went by so fast. Exciting new chicken plans for 2020, I’ve been researching about selective breeding and plan to go down to one Silkie variety and focus on selective breeding towards exhibition. I currently have a lot of grow outs in the coop and will be reducing flock size dramatically in the spring. So if anyone is looking for silkies let me know.

Hello, NY chicken lovers! After 5 years on BYC, I just found this group. I'm in the Rochester area, and I have a few dozen egg cartons to give away (since my girls stopped laying during their molt and I had to buy eggs for the first time in a half dozen years). Any takers?

Hello, NY chicken lovers! After 5 years on BYC, I just found this group. I'm in the Rochester area, and I have a few dozen egg cartons to give away (since my girls stopped laying during their molt and I had to buy eggs for the first time in a half dozen years). Any takers?
Welcome to the group! Thanks for the offer, maybe someone will take them :)

Back
Top Bottom