NY chicken lover!!!!

Well Morehens disease strikes again!! I got a pair of black Frizzles today! I'm been planning on them for a while. Thanks ke5hde! They are awesome.They were so worth the wait. They are living in my new mini coop with an attached run for now.

And I also picked up my new Blue Runner ducks from Lynzi..(Watch her she is an enabler!) And not only did I come home with the 2 girls, but I added in a Pekin to. I had them as a kid and I always loved them...Then I was a sucker and picked up 2 Silver laced Cochins too...

..Oh Lord I cam home with 7 more birds..

...Then DH came home...
fl.gif
...He sees all the new additions...
ep.gif
..then it starts
rant.gif
he.gif
somad.gif
barnie.gif
...then...
idunno.gif
and
roll.png
I was like
hugs.gif
and
love.gif
and
bow.gif
...Now I'm
clap.gif
!

He's not really happy but he loves me so for now it is all good.

(Easier to tell the story with pictures then in words)

OH my lord! if I keep looking at all these cuties I will have no room for Turkeys. FRIZZLES. those have to be the cutest things I have seen yet.
MUST..... HAVE..... SOME.... that Morehens disease is so contagious! I have Moreggs disease I am sure.

Last edited:
I really need to check in here more than once in a blue moon - when post counts are in the THOUSANDS, I've been out too long.
big_smile.png

I am over this weather. No more. The few days it was warm enough to get water from the outside tap instead of having to haul it from the downstairs bathroom were like heaven. I'm ready to complain about the heat now.

So, I either need to downsize the turkey flock or separate them out into groups, as my Pencilled Palm tom and my subordinate Bronze tom don't see eye to eye and are squabbling constantly, and I'm thinking about showing my big Bronze with one of his ladies in a fair and want his feathers to be in good condition. Also, love is in the air, and Alan has witnessed a little ooh-la-la going on down there, so there needs to be room for poults.
gig.gif
I'm considering selling off the Palm tom and/or the subordinate Bronze tom with a couple of hens, just to free up room. If anybody is in the market for a few heritage turkeys, let me know. They've handled this cruddy winter like champs, are all healthy and friendly, and are great birds.

This is the Palm boy - he's a Royal Palm variant with brown pencilling in the feathers.

your Penciled Palm boy is lovely! How old is he and the Bronze family?

She spoke to soon. There was an extra Blue Swedish. She offered it to me and of course I said yes. She's so nice could have kept it for herself and all her trouble. I suspect she knows when the time comes she can get some from me at a later date. I suspect the extra was a drake. We shall see. TSC didn't get their birds in yet. Which is okay cuz I saved some money today. These are my first ducks and DW stilll doesn't know about them. Baking - BM is Birchen Marans. Birchen is a feather pattern. Marans is the breed. There are other breeds with the Birchen pattern as well.
Thank you :)
Well Morehens disease strikes again!! I got a pair of black Frizzles today! I'm been planning on them for a while. Thanks ke5hde! They are awesome.They were so worth the wait. They are living in my new mini coop with an attached run for now. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR][COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR][COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] And I also picked up my new Blue Runner ducks from Lynzi..(Watch her she is an enabler!) And not only did I come home with the 2 girls, but I added in a Pekin to. I had them as a kid and I always loved them...Then I was a sucker and picked up 2 Silver laced Cochins too... [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR][COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] ..Oh Lord I cam home with 7 more birds.. ...Then DH came home...:fl ...He sees all the new additions...:eek: ..then it starts:rant :he :mad: :barnie ...then...:idunno and :rolleyes: ... I was like:hugs and :love and:bow ...Now I'm:clap ! He's not really happy but he loves me so for now it is all good. (Easier to tell the story with pictures then in words)
Lol my hubby is like that too, they are so very cute :)

She spoke to soon. There was an extra Blue Swedish. She offered it to me and of course I said yes. She's so nice could have kept it for herself and all her trouble. I suspect she knows when the time comes she can get some from me at a later date. I suspect the extra was a drake. We shall see.

TSC didn't get their birds in yet. Which is okay cuz I saved some money today.

These are my first ducks and DW stilll doesn't know about them.

Baking - BM is Birchen Marans. Birchen is a feather pattern. Marans is the breed. There are other breeds with the Birchen pattern as well.
I thought that I was the only one that brought stuff home then told their spouse. Glad to see that I'm not the only one!

I can hook you up with pekin eggs to hatch if you would like more.
big_smile.png
It is good to know. I may in the future, but not right now thank you I think that if I said something to DH about getting a incubator he would pack a bag and leave. He is taking it well, but I think hatching eggs would put him over the edge....I have to let this stuff sink in for a few months then I'll see what more I can get away with!

Well Morehens disease strikes again!! I got a pair of black Frizzles today! I'm been planning on them for a while. Thanks ke5hde! They are awesome.They were so worth the wait. They are living in my new mini coop with an attached run for now. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR][COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR][COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] And I also picked up my new Blue Runner ducks from Lynzi..(Watch her she is an enabler!) And not only did I come home with the 2 girls, but I added in a Pekin to. I had them as a kid and I always loved them...Then I was a sucker and picked up 2 Silver laced Cochins too... [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR][COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] ..Oh Lord I cam home with 7 more birds.. ...Then DH came home...:fl ...He sees all the new additions...:eek: ..then it starts:rant :he :mad: :barnie ...then...:idunno and :rolleyes: ... I was like:hugs and :love and:bow ...Now I'm:clap ! He's not really happy but he loves me so for now it is all good. (Easier to tell the story with pictures then in words)
Glad you like them. The roo is such a sweet guy. Always made sure to bring me a treat when I tossed scratch to them. I don't think there's a mean bone in him. Enjoy I think I have a couple pekins too if you want 2 more to add :)

Glad you like them. The roo is such a sweet guy. Always made sure to bring me a treat when I tossed scratch to them. I don't think there's a mean bone in him. Enjoy
I think I have a couple pekins too if you want 2 more to add :)
I wish my other roo was as sweet. I was bring the pair some fresh water and he decided that he didn't want me near the new guy and he came after me. He learned that he can't do that. He wasn't happy with me after. My guy is us usually a sweet guy. I think that he is acting out cause there is another man near his girls...Well see how things go. I hope things will get better when it gets time to let the frizzles out.

Well Morehens disease strikes again!! I got a pair of black Frizzles today! I'm been planning on them for a while. Thanks ke5hde! They are awesome.They were so worth the wait. They are living in my new mini coop with an attached run for now.

And I also picked up my new Blue Runner ducks from Lynzi..(Watch her she is an enabler!) And not only did I come home with the 2 girls, but I added in a Pekin to. I had them as a kid and I always loved them...Then I was a sucker and picked up 2 Silver laced Cochins too...

..Oh Lord I cam home with 7 more birds..

...Then DH came home...
fl.gif
...He sees all the new additions...
ep.gif
..then it starts
rant.gif
he.gif
somad.gif
barnie.gif
...then...
idunno.gif
and
roll.png
I was like
hugs.gif
and
love.gif
and
bow.gif
...Now I'm
clap.gif
!

He's not really happy but he loves me so for now it is all good.

(Easier to tell the story with pictures then in words)

DW still doesn't know, but I'm worried it's so cold. I have two heat lights them and they seem fine but it the light's go out I'll be crushed. I want to bring them inside. Perhaps put them upstairs where it's warm.
Would I need heat lights on them if they are inside. Are they like chicks that way?

I could just bring the whole bin in. Or I could stash them down cellar with heat lights. But it's colder down there. They're not all huddled together so I know their comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom