NY chicken lover!!!!

I will be bringing a "lot" of black copper Marans to the picnic, $10 straight run, just so you know to bring your money! LOL

I will take reservations for them if anyone wants to do that.
thumbsup.gif

I will be bringing a "lot" of black copper Marans to the picnic, $10 straight run, just so you know to bring your money! LOL

I will take reservations for them if anyone wants to do that.
thumbsup.gif
Bummer....so wish I could come. I only hatched one from this batch, with one more in the bator, but it doesn't look promising.

I can't remember...are you selling BCM fertile eggs?

Lynzi - I've missed out on over 2 weeks of BYC news, but you've got a lot going on, apparently. Firstly, sorry about your special drake getting killed in the road. That's terrible to find a pet that way (been there with a kitty), and I don't understand people who don't have the decency to stop and let the owner know. Also, best of luck hashing out where you'll be settling in with the move. I do hope it all falls into place and that you're not stressing too much.

TOB
Thanks TOB, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something else comes up and we don't have to however, he hasn't been this serious about a move since we moved up here. He really wants this change and keeps throwing dates at me like "when does K start school in the fall?" and making comments about talking to our landlord about ending our lease early. It's making me dizzy. Just too much to deal with right now and I really don't even want to think of the thought of packing everything up here and moving it someplace again. Ughhhhh

Get ducks. They will appriciate the insulation....mine shivered all winter in the chicken coop. Of course they weren't smart enough to go UNDER the table where I had a whole pile of shavings for them to burrow in to. The slept ON TOP of the table. Silly ducks.

This is good to know. I'm not sure where my ducks will spend the winter. Perhaps in a stew pot. It'll be plenty warm there.
lau.gif

Right now, I intend to put a drop board on one side of the coop so they can get under it and not be pooped on. Perhaps put a cover on the front. Kind boxed in area just for them.

Have a new B. Marans broody. I may have enough for half the eggs I expect next week. I just need to move them to a permanent place.

I have 9!!!

thumbsup.gif

Hi Luvmychicks....thx for sharing these pics! There's just something about a duck! Sweet things! Quack!

Mine does! They'll try and sneak into the coop and eat poop.

They also eat cat poop, and with the feral cats around here, they are constantly foraging.

They will also eat horse poop...anytime our mennonite neighbor brings his horse and buggy by, and it leaves a "gift" in the driveway...our dogs can be found eating it.

Vile, filthy animals...lol!!!

Ugh! Yes mine does do! I swear dogs are so gross! Lol

LOL, Thx for the feedback, Sweetpea and Lynzi! I guess it's a special canine treat then. Poop d'jour at Sweetpea's, with quite the variety to choose from! Here, our pup Blaise seems to sample the rabbit and deer poop when not getting her chick plops. Ohhh gross.......!!!

Thanks TOB, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something else comes up and we don't have to however, he hasn't been this serious about a move since we moved up here. He really wants this change and keeps throwing dates at me like "when does K start school in the fall?" and making comments about talking to our landlord about ending our lease early. It's making me dizzy. Just too much to deal with right now and I really don't even want to think of the thought of packing everything up here and moving it someplace again. Ughhhhh

That's a tough situation -- especially the not knowing part. At least, that's what would be hard for me...I like to have everything mapped out, which is not the way real life is. Keeping my fingers crossed that maybe you won't have to relocate, Lynzi!
fl.gif

TOB

Yes, but am pretty well booked until after the picnic.
I actually won't be looking for eggs until June-ish anyways. I need this group to grow up enough to be outside, so I can have the brood box back for another set.

Can I put in for a dozen for June? (The picnic is May, right?)

Dragonlord~ We ordered the heater kit from incubatorwarehouse.com. We should have it tomorrow.
On the subject of poop eaters, my dogs love chicken poop but they love the horse poop even more! Yuck!! They especially love it in the winter when the horse poo is frozen solid, they carry it around like their favorite toy!

Back
Top Bottom