NY chicken lover!!!!

Sorry I couldn't make it.
We missed you, but totally understood why you couldn't make it. DW comes first.
hugs.gif

Got in trouble with DH this morning...He went to go get on the tractor to mow the yard and he found that there were several piles of chicken poop on it. Our back covered porch is where he keeps it during the summer...Well the chickens like to climb on it and check it out. The cat likes to sleep int he seat...What am I to do?

Large trash bag over the seat so they poop on THAT or just don't climb up because of the bag. I'm pretty sure that most males can be trained to remove a bag from the place they want to sit. Exceptional males can be taught (usually after repeated demonstrations) how to put the bag back on the seat after use. Let us women folk know how it works out for ya.

Been a long busy summer.... hope everyone is well.... we have been busy culling the flock from the year old roosters that are way to sexually aggressive on the hens.... so peace is being restored to the barn yard... anyone experience this with their chickens? This is a first for us in over 5 years raising chickens:(

We missed you, but totally understood why you couldn't make it. DW comes first.
hugs.gif

My DD took DW out to eat, which is a big deal since DW has not been out of the house all week except for doctors appointments. I would have preferred she went with me, but whatever it takes to get her out of the house. They did have my GD with them so that might have been a draw.
wink.png

In other news I was talking with the girl at TSC who we've sorta become friends and she now has chickens.
thumbsup.gif
She was saying when she was closing up she couldn't find one of her hens. Using her flashlight she found the hen roosting on the back of one of her goats.
lol.png

Last edited:
Went to cat county fair had a few different breeds I think that they labeled one wrong it said amerucana but wasn't even close had a few ee's that looked more like it saw a few blue very light greenish eggs but the amer. Had wrong comb feathered legs it was big it was feathered like a silki
They also had a sick bird in corner

Last edited:
Been a long busy summer.... hope everyone is well.... we have been busy culling the flock from the year old roosters that are way to sexually aggressive on the hens.... so peace is being restored to the barn yard... anyone experience this with their chickens? This is a first for us in over 5 years raising chickens:(

I have a 4 month old Australorp cockerel, that's starting to harass the 4 month old pullets
barnie.gif
If he doesn't settle down he may be going to freezer camp........................... soon !

Hey all, I haven't been on in awhile as it's been kinda busy here. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get some turkey poults at least 6 weeks and older? We only have room for 2-3 of them, and looking for at least 1-2 toms! Thanks my fellow NYers :)

Large trash bag over the seat so they poop on THAT or just don't climb up because of the bag. I'm pretty sure that most males can be trained to remove a bag from the place they want to sit. Exceptional males can be taught (usually after repeated demonstrations) how to put the bag back on the seat after use. Let us women folk know how it works out for ya.
goodpost.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom