NY chicken lover!!!!

Had another very nice cemani hatch tonight! Scotch, the taped egg survivor, is doing well and is HUGE. He's also popped a comb, so fingers crossed he stays black and has no leakage so he can stay as my second flock rooster. I also got my Standard of Perfection in the mail today, and it is awesome. Tons of illustrations, and the front of the book contains lots of excellent information on what faults look like, how certain feather patterns are supposed to look, etc.
Sounds like a Good with coffee book to curl up with

So - here are the RIR & cuckoo Maran - now 3 months old

Mille Fleur D'Uccles - 1 month. It's looking like I have 3 boys for sure

Your babies are gorgeous Metella! Starting to look very spiffy now
smile.png

Had a friend here today looking for a hen. Young and I suppose any breed. He wanted a Delaware but I don't have any. He bought hatching eggs from me and of the six that hatched five were roosters. He purchased a BR to go with the Del hen. Had to give up the roosters.

His a just coming into lay. If you have a young girl please let me know.

thanks.

He can't make the stock because he has to do inventory.

Had another very nice cemani hatch tonight! Scotch, the taped egg survivor, is doing well and is HUGE. He's also popped a comb, so fingers crossed he stays black and has no leakage so he can stay as my second flock rooster. I also got my Standard of Perfection in the mail today, and it is awesome. Tons of illustrations, and the front of the book contains lots of excellent information on what faults look like, how certain feather patterns are supposed to look, etc.

Congrats on your hatch! Amazing that scotch tape worked! Cool! My eggs from you are in lockdown...tomorrow is the day! Crossing my fingers!

Chicken barbecue is way too much to do and way too expensive it will be burgers and hotdogs that I will probably be charging for along with the drinks.

Can I ask how many folks came to this last one? I only ask because at the one I'd been to at Tabs and Travis we brought the burgers and there were plenty left over.

We have a Maines nearby and we bought a box of burgers and can do the same with hot dogs. It's the place where the school buys their burgers. I can check to see what the cost is since it's been awhile.

I will say, I've made offers for DW and I to help but am not getting any responses. No folks saying "that sounds good or no that won't work) Have I upset folks? I'm good at that you know. I don't mean to but it happens.

We are volunteer people. DW just helped at a wedding ( I stayed home to catch up on chores that didn't get done while we were away) and there is one the day of this stock, but I told her we HAVE to be at the stock. Even during her radiation she up and made cookies for a baby shower. Me I just lift the heavy stuff or run to the store for her.

Last edited:
Fogot, for what it's worth. Happy Fathers day. Not too many fathers on here.

I keep forgetting to ask. Anyone know why I've stopped getting thread updates?

Last edited:
Yup happy fathers day. My kids just informed me they are taking me fishing today. At almost three, five and seven, not sure which ones driving or where they're taking me but we'll figure it out, Lol!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom