NY chicken lover!!!!

I'll admit to being insecure, so I don't know how to take this. We bought fabric so DW can make some more aprons. At $9 a yard and a yard per apron they would not be cheap. I wasn't here to see which hatching eggs were sent but I did not sell Delaware, C. Rock or Marans eggs privately. EE's I sold privately for $10 a dozen and I was getting that price. I told DD to send three dozen mixed eggs. The Practical poultry magazines sell for $8.25 an issue new. Used they are imo worth at least half that. The soap I sent I bought for $4 a bar at the NYS fair from the demonstration lady. I use this soap myself and it's very good. The Cook books were antiques purchased from E bay. I'll admit the chicken book was read by myself but in good condition. If these were not acceptable I don't know what is expected. I'm sorry you were disappointed. 

Perhaps you should explain better what you'd like to see.  Though if these were not acceptable, I won't be bringing anything. 
Actually rancher that stuff was very nice but honestly that was almost half of what was there and that was one of the big problems very few donated anything to the auction

Happy broody hen with 12 eggs under her all unwanted birds my be returned to the egg supplier. Read about the ban in Penny Saver add for Central Bridge Livestock Auction now the Kings Auction is that the one in West Winifield NY? (don't worry the other half has me banned from any livestock actions)

I was hoping maybe I could spray something on there. You know, how you spray Blu-Kote on a wound to keep the other birds from pecking it because chickens can't see blue? Well I don't want to spray Blu-Kote, obviously...but I was hoping something else that would make it taste bad.

Money is a consideration right now...hubby took a new job this year with a 20k paycut. But, it's five minutes from home, not 1h 15m like his last job, so its worth it. Its just that...everything we do has to be very low or no cost.

I was at the local dump the other day and someone has thrown away 2 or 3 rolls of wooden snow fencing - that might do it!

Hope that you picked that up! That is a good score..never understood why someone tosses things that still have a useful life...but then again we are pack rats

You should see the top half of my barn!!
roll.png
The duck hut & new coop that I built are mostly made with recycled wood - pallets etc. Most of my raised beds have recycled planks around them....you get the idea!
smile.png

Hope that you picked that up! That is a good score..never understood why someone tosses things that still have a useful life...but then again we are pack rats

You should see the top half of my barn!!
roll.png
The duck hut & new coop that I built are mostly made with recycled wood - pallets etc. Most of my raised beds have recycled planks around them....you get the idea!
smile.png

This is why I need a truck! I drive by a place that tosses pallets a lot.

recycled-pallet_furniture_planter.jpg
2327798744591996450PonPFi9c.jpg

compost.jpg

cat-bed-wood-pallet.jpg

173-1024x686.jpg

And so it goes. Just google recycled pallets and the ideas are endless.

Rancher, trailers come in handy. I wish I had a truck still, the wife thought we needed a suburban. Luckily it has a hitch on it.
I've pulled my brothers trailer with about 1,500 lbs of sheetrock and crap to our county landfill up hills with a four cylinder '93 caravan no problem.

Back
Top Bottom