NY chicken lover!!!!

The barn is dang near finished. The only things left to do are put up roosts and boxes. The roost system is made of pallets that are 2ft ×4ft and screwed to the wall. There will Be More Than enough room for all the girls, and their 2 hubbies. I will post pics once we are done.

It would mean learning about them and building a shed and planting pasture. We have the land and I could get someone to cut the trees down for free.  I'm all for preserving the old breeds. Too I wonder in finding someone who is willing to carry the torch when the time comes, since I'm not a young man. 

Perhaps we can talk at the next chickenstock in the spring. Not sure anyone is hosting.  

I will be hosting one in the spring as long as we are still here looking into moving to Tennessee maybe

Last edited:
I will be hosting one in the spring as long as we are still here looking into moving to Tennessee maybe

Take me with you. Please!
lol.png
Just in case I'll start packing now.
lau.gif

Rancher, goats would help you clear that land...can you see my horns, they may be showing.
Yes I see them.
ep.gif
How ever it also means fencing. Lots and lots of fencing.

FYI anyone, there is a house forsale down the road. Wooded with a cabin on the creek. Not sure how many acres. He has chickens now. I think he told me they wanted to move farther out from the city. Check it out.

Yes  I see them.  :eek:   How ever it also means fencing. Lots and lots of fencing. 

FYI anyone, there is a house forsale down the road. Wooded with a cabin on the creek. Not sure how many acres. He has chickens now. I think he told me they wanted to move farther out from the city. Check it out.  
not so much, if you only have 2 they can be on tie outs like dogs. Just check them every so often to make sure they are not wrapped around anything. You move them to a new area once they have area one as neat as you'd like.

not so much, if you only have 2 they can be on tie outs like dogs. Just check them every so often to make sure they are not wrapped around anything. You move them to a new area once they have area one as neat as you'd like.
I'm not real keen on tie outs for dogs and much less for sheep. I haven't researched them to see how much acreage I'd need. I reckon I can get someone to cut the trees in exchange for the lumber. They're a good size and number. Then it will mean seeding for pasture.

Pickets serve a purpose cleaning up hedge rows or jail break pony doesn't respect a fence no matter what the joules are. Slip pvp pipe over the tie out it doesn't get tangled around objects. Rancher if your going to reseed and cut trees (limbs make cheap fence post) then maybe start with pot belly pigs till,fertilize, and fill the freezer. Pasture mix seed isn't cheap so I'd buy the Grand kids a pony let him seed boom the pasture then you'd need a cow to keep the pasture grass in balance.(now you see how my way of thinking gets me in trouble) Oh and a lama to protect the pony, sheep, and cow.

Back
Top Bottom