NY chicken lover!!!!

Good morning! I'm jealous of those with gardens. I really want to play in the dirt, but my garden area still hasn't been cleared and probably won't be even started until Summer next year.

We're going to be dodging rain drops this week and DH works a ton this week, so I have no idea how productive it'll be.

I hope everyone is well. And that chickens are staying healthy and pick up laying.

Saw a thing on Tillysnest.com about treating bumble foot by soaking instead of surgery. Took pix of the boys yesterday.
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Last month I raked leaves into big piles and let them sit in the yard. Today I moved those piled into the run for my girls. They are having fun exploring the huge leaf mound.

D.gif
So indirectly your saying
jumpy.gif
" Alls I want for Christmas is MORE CHICKENS ?
D.gif
LOL
jumpy.gif

Alls I want for Spring is More Chickens ...Dont want any more now ....afraid winter is coming ....

Hows your leghorn ? Better ?
I think that's why I didn't get many responses to my CL for the C.Rocks. I'm not sure I understand the winter thing. After all the C. Rocks are laying and we do need eggs in the winter. Fact is I've got plenty of eggses. Which is good I suppose since DW is getting ready to bake cookies.

Had to been 10+pounds of carrots already picked more than that in the fall. Kiddie cart made it easier to hose them off and the kids thought it was funny wheeling them into the house. Chickens got the still green tops, and what was left of the beets, tops and some beets.
Out in my shorts and T shirt, kids riding their bikes down the driveway and playing on the swingset and sandbox. Last yr...they probably wanted to go sled riding and mom made them stay inside because it was below zero..
We're talking taters on the Homesteading thread now. I've been asking DW how many carrots, taters and onions we use each year. I figure to set a goal and see if I can meet that. I already can grow enough garlic for the year.

Here's my hint for garlic. If you're doing a roast make small slits into the meat and put slivers of garlic in and cook. Garlic the tenderizer in McCormicks meat tenderizer.

I hope I do as well with carrots as you have. They look great.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom