NY chicken lover!!!!

Well it looks like I'm not the only one that's been falling! I fell yesterday walking down the hill from my water spigot carrying a five gallon bucket full of water. Managed to just kind of slide down and didn't even spill any water, but I had reached out to my deck to try to stop myself and apparently I've sprained my pinkie. I wouldn't have been injured at all if I'd just let myself fall :rolleyes: Ah well, it's not serious, thank goodness.

That's exactly how I dislocated my thumb and tore the ligament two years ago! I was falling backwards and put my hand back and I landed with too much weight on the thumb. Smh, I should've just let myself fall, bc I was falling onto a foam mat anyway! I was in so much pain in the ER, bc the doc kept trying to push it back into place, and every time he did it and took an X-ray, it showed that it wasn't right. He musta pushed and pulled and took five X-rays before he gave up and told me I must've torn the ligament for it not to be staying in place. My husband heard me screaming from outside in the hallway! That was quite painful. I had to have surgery and they stuck two pins into the bone to hold it in place. That was an uncomfortable couple months, with cast and pins. I hope your finger feels better soon. Kinda hard to do chores with one and a half hands.

I can understand that. I'm afraid of  the number 4.  I see a 4 and I break out in cold sweats.  Now the number I feel safe with is 13.  I don't know why. Maybe because some think it's superstitious and I think 13 must get lonely and I want to be it's friend so it's not lonely. No one wants to be lonely, right?  I have heard that 1 is the loneliest number but how can 1 be lonely when someone wrote a song about it and people sing about it?  No one sings about the number 13.  Maybe I'll write a song about the number 13. 

:lau

13 is not my lover, it's just a number who says that I am the 1, the 15 is not my son.........

:lau

Really, rancher?! You are too much!
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

But I disagree with you on thirteen being lonely, if your reason for a number not being considered to be lonely, is because they are often mentioned. I just read a book called 'thirteen reasons why' , and there's a movie with Antonio banderas called 'the thirteenth warrior', and should I mention 'Friday the thirteenth' and all the movies made about it?

Some one mentioned fox.  Here's my method. I "mark" my territory.  I also have stapled three pair of old jeans to three trees in the woods and "mark" those.  I offer this solution for men households only.  

If you need something more utilitarian try these jeans and just "mark" them.  If you live in a non rural neighborhood have your hus. or son fill a jug and pour it on.   

You don't smell it but the coyotes and foxes do.  "Mark" occasionally and you should be fine.

Why men only?? I live in the country, I'll cop a squat if I have to... or get a she-wee. I'm acting mother and father here now... I'll eat more beef, asparagus, etc. Less water, that should stink it up

Because it's cold I would say he's trying to keep warm. I'm having to move hens out of the nest boxes.  The only ones I let stay in on is Frenchy and Buckwheat. 

Too if there is another rooster there he might be hiding out because he's getting picked on.  I would just keep taking him out and setting him on the roost.  I might help to put an empty milk jug in the nest box at night. 
he's not in the nest, he's moving the eggs next to the nest.

Are you sure it is a cockerel ?pics? My roosters have called hens to a nest ..to try to get them to brood . Heres Lucky trying to get a hen to sit . Maybe he is trying to entice someone ? Ive heard some roosters help take care of babies.. Not heard of ones who incubate ...
Oh yes very much cockerel. He's a sweet boy and he very much loves the ladies.

Why men only?? I live in the country, I'll cop a squat if I have to... or get a she-wee. I'm acting mother and father here now... I'll eat more beef, asparagus, etc. Less water, that should stink it up
I'm not a single mom but you can bet when I'm 5 acres from home I'm gonna find a spot to squat. We are just as capable as men are.

Someone mentioned winter hatching a little bit back..im trying it! Tired of looking for blue eggs- so gonna try and make my own! Got EE x EE, Leghorn & Legbar in the bator now..among others. One or all these crosses should bring in the blue...becoming blue obsessed as i keep seeing hints of green in my eggs! Could be my eyes..

Morning all. Wind has finally stopped howling and it's a little warmer out. Cheeps are happy about that. Reds are busy destroying a turkey carcass. Those ladies are experts at breaking the bones down and eating them.

Sorry you have so much snow blowing to do rancher. We have had no snow and it's just weird. A chance of it this weekend maybe.

Have a good day all!

Back
Top Bottom