NY chicken lover!!!!

I'm so sorry for your losses, luv. I really hope you catch the culprit. Telling the kids about these things are always difficult. My neighbors lost their blue and gold macaw yesterday, and she said her kids were crying all day.
How are your remaining four chicks doing now, aka ruby? I hope you don't lose any more. Is ideal going to make up for the losses?

@Chicken girl 15 , My brother made a pvc feeder, many use them and they work good. Little bro can put five gallons in his, I've seen some that hold 50lbs, you probably just need to tweak it, there are some threads on BYC that can give you some ideas. I don't have a pic of his but it's pretty simple like the rest, I think it is a straight length of 4'' connected to two 90 degree elbows, just a J. I don't use one because I usually feed fermented mash.

Wonder if a LGD would protect against the little chipmunk size tasmanian devil weasel?

Does anyone know if an opossum would kill a grown chicken or a rabbit? My son just heard a crash in the backyard and when we put on the light, there was a huge one drinking from the water bowl. I hope it's completely nocturnal. If it shows up during the daylight when my critters are out, God only knows what we'll do.

Does anyone know if an opossum would kill a grown chicken or a rabbit? My son just heard a crash in the backyard and when we put on the light, there was a huge one drinking from the water bowl. I hope it's completely nocturnal. If it shows up during the daylight when my critters are out, God only knows what we'll do.

They are pretty nocturnal. I've heard they will kill chickens. I found a big one in my coop once when I left the door open.
I hear they are good in a slow cooker/crock pot...

I'm so sorry for your losses, luv. I really hope you catch the culprit. Telling the kids about these things are always difficult. My neighbors lost their blue and gold macaw yesterday, and she said her kids were crying all day.
How are your remaining four chicks doing now, aka ruby? I hope you don't lose any more. Is ideal going to make up for the losses?

They are all lively and active. I'll post some pictures soon, I'm just worried about stressing them out! And ideal is refunding my whole order of 25. I'm hatching eggs for now.

Last edited:
Gramma- I have three white who lay blue (and a white that lays brown) and three regular brown that lay blue. (From SoNew and GFF)

I just bought a laying flock from GFF but they are 3 weeks old and hanging with the new white pavlovskaya's...lol

That is fine just curious lol, anyway tpu would be able to ship me a few blue ones I have PayPal
smile.png
Was this for me? And absolutely! PM me with your info.

Luv, so sorry you lost all those chickens.

With those PVC feeders, do they still bill out feed? I made bucket feeders, high sided pan, but they're still wasting feed! That's why I was feeding them all fermented feed before, but that's very time consuming when you need to be doing 4-6 buckets a day. I'm going to try making the holes smaller in the bucket feeders, as I think that might be part of the issue.

Back
Top Bottom