NY chicken lover!!!!

I may be interested in them but first have to find out what is going on since the landlord is selling the house.
I didn't know you were renting. My sister is going through the same thing only her landlord is behind on the taxes and doesn't care. Have you checked to see why they're selling? Maybe see a lawyer and work out a deal. ( Don't do anything with out a lawyer.)

So - my first ever hatch! I ended up with 12, 1 died & 1 is looking 'iffy'. I had a hard time keeping the temp & humidity steady. sooooo - went and bought a Brinsea Eco 20 with auto turner
roll.png
. Should be plenty big enough for what I need...

Oh how adorable! !! What are they? I'm so excited. My first eggs are in a friends incubator as of night before last.

You evil chicken enabler's are making it impossible to stay with a small flock. My "hobby" now has 3 coops and growing.

Every time I think " ok that's enough for this year" someone shows me another beautiful breed.

Oh how adorable! !! What are they? I'm so excited. My first eggs are in a friends incubator as of night before last.

You evil chicken enabler's are making it impossible to stay with a small flock. My "hobby" now has 3 coops and growing.

Every time I think " ok that's enough for this year" someone shows me another beautiful breed.

These are the Mille Fleur D'Uccles - they really are pretty. Already eating out of my hand...
smile.png

Don't think my mother in law believed me on the pig. Told the wife 'are you sure he didn't see a bear'...I know what a pig looks like...she called yesterday and said it was spotted a mile down the road from us rutting a old hay bale in a field. I might have to invest in a electric fence if there is more around. I don't think you can pig proof a run/coop.
Have you or anyone in the neighborhood reported it to the DEC? They will come trap it if they can locate it.
http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/70843.html
There's a link for a list of regional offices down at the bottom of that page. Those wild bores are a big problem... I hope it doesn't stick around!

Back
Top Bottom