NY chicken lover!!!!

Hey everyon! We are getting back into chickens again and are looking for a few laying hens in the area. :) shoot me a message. Im excited to be back.

Hello Omani, nieghbor!! I'm a newbie located just south of you in Olean
You're about an hour south of me.
Welcome to BYC. The best part of joining is that all those questions rattling around in your head that you thought were dumb, have probably already been asked and answered.
Makes you feel kinda normal, not kinda dumb.

Gramma - I'm not sure you should buy from me - you keep saying pullet - I keep saying I can't guarantee a pullet - because I have no skills in sexing chicks ... and the colors of my chicks are the same for cockerals and pullets - so there is no way for me to know I am getting a pullet to you until the chick is 7 to 9 months old ... and I certainly won't have any that age at chickenstock.

I was planning on charging $7 for all chicks and $2 per hatching egg - no matter the breed or whatever ....
These are not hatched yet ? So how old at chicken stock ? Dark brown eggs & blue eggs .
Did you have any lilac or prune trees this year ?
I saw you also wanted an east faresian gull chick. I have a few gold ones I may be willing to part with if interested.
Pullets or straight run ? How much ? So how old now ? lay white eggs

Last edited:
These are not hatched yet ? So how old at chicken stock ? Dark brown eggs & blue eggs .
Did you have any lilac or prune trees this year ?
Pullets or straight run ? How much ? So how old now ? lay white eggs

They are just about 5 weeks old. I paid $13 and change for each so I was thinking $15 by chickenstock. I'm pretty sure I have all pullets, but never had this breed before so I won't say I'm 100% sure. I will know for sure before chickenstock.

Okay caught up.

Sorry for everyones losses.

So lets see what I can remember of what I read. The Silvia's look like a good breed. Got GFF newsletter. Nice layers but I don't think they're a meaty bird.

Lost the rabbit that was hanging round. Rabbits are a good sign I was told. Got run over.

Saw a cat hanging about. I think she's pregnant. Don't know where she's from. Looks to be a she. She may be hunting as there are lots of meeces about.

Frenchy hatched out three, did I say? Two del and one EE. She's moved to the quarantine crate.

DW says don't cut off my nose to spite my face in giving up the chickens, so I'll be hanging on to some. She's to good to me.

DD says with just the one coop they won't be hard to take care of so that is good.

Been watching videos of Alaska. Some are too naturey for tourist ideas. We've decided to limit our trips to three weeks.

Planted 6 towers of taters. 5 different kinds. I've been so busy. Next Tues is primary day and I'll be working.

Voting inspectors get paid you know so if your area is short it's a decent days pay, even if it is long. Still some folks crochet when the line is low, but you gotta be there. Too you have to take a 2 hr class and test each year about election laws.

Gotta start more plants for the garden. Glad I covered the beds or the chickens and Robins would have it all messed up. I've been seeing Robins for more than a month now.

Metella are you the Michele I called for taking chicks in the past? If so PM me, I've been holding on to Micheles number but she didn't call me back last time I called to offer her chicks. I keep important peoples phone numbers, though I only have Gramma chicks taped to the wall.

Well folks the suns shining, places to go and people to annoy.

TTFN,

Rancher, too much to do, Hicks.

Hey everyon! We are getting back into chickens again and are looking for a few laying hens in the area.
smile.png
shoot me a message. Im excited to be back.
Remember Breella ? She is looking for layng hens ...the marans are still laying ...Right ?
DW says don't cut off my nose to spite my face in giving up the chickens, so I'll be hanging on to some. She's to good to me.
Is DW going to make aprons for chickenstock ? to sell ..I gave my sister my chicken apron ...and I miss it ..
I know you are not coming ...but someone could pick them up ...

Back
Top Bottom