NY chicken lover!!!!

Here's 2 blue eggers I hatched yesterday:)

Tomorrow night is moving time for the 4 month Olds. I need the grow out area for the week Olds so I can use the brooder box for the hatchlings. I have roughly 30 in lock down as of today and they are already bouncing around.

Tomorrow night is moving time for the 4 month Olds. I need the grow out area for the week Olds so I can use the brooder box for the hatchlings. I have roughly 30 in lock down as of today and they are already bouncing around.
There never does seem to be enough space does there?

I've got broodies ready to hatch and no where to put them with their chicks. I've been trying to keep only three of five coops but one now has the young ones and I will have to move the marans back to the "way back" coop so the broody hens can be left alone. I moved one hen to the brooder pen just so she will stop getting into a box with another hen whose chicks are hatching. I've prefer she breaks. THEN there will be the Delaware coop. There are three hens in there with eggs.
idunno.gif
I recommend keeping some extra coops for the spring hatch.

It's no wonder farmers looks so old. I look and feel old and I'm only 25.
lol.png

old-farmer-1.jpg

Hint of the day.

If you're in the market for a patio/picnic table and chairs make sure the chairs STACK. Ours does not and it's a pain come winter when we have to store them.

I've tried leaving them out with one of those cover sets, but the snow weighs it down and it tore.

So do yourself a favor and buy a set that has chairs that stack. Not exactly ours but the fabric can't be left out in the snow. The table can be left out covered of course but the chairs can't and we just don't have the space to store them. It's a pain.

images

Anyone care to make a guess on my Cackle hatchery extra 'mystery chick'?
I was leaning partridge plymouth rock as a chick, but now that it's feathering out not sure. Seems pretty stocky, and I don't think lacing is right, and if it's a cockerel they don't have lacing on the feathers. Looks kinda black sexlinkish now, but not as a chick. I'd almost say possible dark cornish cause of it's stocky width but they don't have straight combs so can't be.... IDK?...

I was leaning partridge plymouth rock as a chick, but now that it's feathering out not sure. Seems pretty stocky, and I don't think lacing is right, and if it's a cockerel they don't have lacing on the feathers. Looks kinda black sexlinkish now, but not as a chick. I'd almost say possible dark cornish cause of it's stocky width but they don't have straight combs so can't be.... IDK?...

now that's funny. It looks like my black austrolorp/ gold spitzhauben cross.

I'd also say Cornish. Do they 'dub' the combs like in bantam roosters? It's body is too wide for GL Wyandotte, in addition to poor lacing and straight comb.

Back
Top Bottom