NY chicken lover!!!!

Hello everyone-
Sorry I haven't been around for a while unfortunately, life got in the way. I will be selling off my flock, my farm, my incubators, my coops etc...
I have about 93 in my flock and wanted to offer them to you all first before I offer them to the public who doesn't know a TSC chicken from a rare breed.
Anyhow, I have most of the roosters for the hens also & want to make sure they have a chance to have a good life too. I have been a no kill farm since my first year. I processed some my first year & just can't eat them. Just personal.

My breeds I have are Silverudd Blue, Swedish Flowers, Black Swedish (Svart Hona), Easter Eggers, female Marsh Daisy, Spitzhauben, 2 Dominique hens, and some various mutts who are a mix. Also creme legbars (Jill Reese line) & some traditional creme legbars & I do have 3 Whiting True Blue hens (Look just like EE's- a little disappointing but sweet). Most of my flock is from GFF except a few other cool birds from BYC breeders.

I am in Cazenovia, NY. Contact is [email protected]
Thanks, Christina

Hello everyone-
Sorry I haven't been around for a while unfortunately, life got in the way. I will be selling off my flock, my farm, my incubators, my coops etc...
I have about 93 in my flock and wanted to offer them to you all first before I offer them to the public who doesn't know a TSC chicken from a rare breed.
Anyhow, I have most of the roosters for the hens also & want to make sure they have a chance to have a good life too. I have been a no kill farm since my first year. I processed some my first year & just can't eat them. Just personal.

My breeds I have are Silverudd Blue, Swedish Flowers, Black Swedish (Svart Hona), Easter Eggers, female Marsh Daisy, Spitzhauben, 2 Dominique hens, and some various mutts who are a mix. Also creme legbars (Jill Reese line) & some traditional creme legbars & I do have 3 Whiting True Blue hens (Look just like EE's- a little disappointing but sweet). Most of my flock is from GFF except a few other cool birds from BYC breeders.

I am in Cazenovia, NY. Contact is [email protected]
Thanks, Christina
I'm sending you an email

Ugh. I found a dead chick in the run this morning! It's baffling because there shouldn't be any chicks out there. I've got a broody on eggs not due for at least a week. It was a black and yellow chick, looked like newly hatched LF, although at least a few days decomposed. We've had a lot of rain...I don't think someone could have spent 21 days on a nest in the run. I feel like I would have noticed.

Hello! I am new to posting here on BYC, but not new to reading from this wealth of knowledge. I live in the Keeseville/Peru area of the Adirondacks. I'm wondering if anyone in this thread raises Heritage breeds? I'm hoping to meet some fellow local raisers as I wish to move onto raising a Heritage breed. I currently keep mostly Easter Eggers and just adore their fluffy cheeks.

For just in case anyone cares... I took my brood of the nest today after 25 days. Of course, I had to do a science experiment with my kids so we cracked the first egg open and it was stinky but not too bad. Mostly developed chick inside and when we tapped the second one it popped and steamed! It was the smelliest thing ever! Thinking about it makes me want to puke. So awesome and gross all at the same time. I'm more than positive that the eggs were too cold being so close to the ground. Sad day but lesson learned. I think I have plenty of chickens for now anyways.

For just in case anyone cares... I took my brood of the nest today after 25 days. Of course, I had to do a science experiment with my kids so we cracked the first egg open and it was stinky but not too bad. Mostly developed chick inside and when we tapped the second one it popped and steamed! It was the smelliest thing ever! Thinking about it makes me want to puke. So awesome and gross all at the same time. I'm more than positive that the eggs were too cold being so close to the ground. Sad day but lesson learned. I think I have plenty of chickens for now anyways.
Did you end up with any chicks?

Back
Top Bottom