NY chicken lover!!!!

Hi Friends,
I was wondering if some one could tell me about the average selling price for their chickens and when is a good time to allow them to start keeping there eggs to hatch them. Thank You

What one is the comet? I have no idea what they are we average about 4 eggs a day right now.
the one that looks like this
comet-hen.jpg
Chickens can sell $5.00 - 10.00 , 25.00 each and up depending on the rarity of the breed.
I feel Spring is the best time to hatch ..as it is warmer .
You may not have any broody chickens if yours come from hatcherys.
They breed it out of them ...some still do go broody anyway ..it is rare .
You can still incubate your eggs ..and raise them yourself .
Does your Uncles chickens go broody ?
Chances are if you get a hen from him it may go broody ..if his do

the one that looks like this
View attachment 1201085
Chickens can sell $5.00 - 10.00 , 25.00 each and up depending on the rarity of the breed.
I feel Spring is the best time to hatch ..as it is warmer .
You may not have any broody chickens if yours come from hatcherys.
They breed it out of them ...some still do go broody anyway ..it is rare .
You can still incubate your eggs ..and raise them yourself .
Does your Uncles chickens go broody ?
Chances are if you get a hen from him it may go broody ..if his do
Thank you for the information, he says the rooster is a black-copper Maran. Yes his chickens are broody (he has 40 and climbing every year) and the one that looks like a comet (the kids call Dixie) does set on the eggs and gets made at me for taking them out. Spring is what I was thinking but I was not for sure. I really appreciate your help.

Spring is what I was thinking but I was not for sure. I really appreciate your help.
Your Welcome ...Some hens are just more sassy ..and dont like you to take their eggs while they are still setting .
You will know they are broody when they are really super sassy and stay in the nest box 24 /7 .
Some hens become down right mean when they are broody .

Your Welcome ...Some hens are just more sassy ..and dont like you to take their eggs while they are still setting .
You will know they are broody when they are really super sassy and stay in the nest box 24 /7 .
Some hens become down right mean when they are broody .
Ok good to know, Thank you

Hello, everyone!
I need your input on my new coop, please :) I want to sell it, but I am not sure what to ask. Solid construction, 16 gauge wire, 3 nest boxes, plexiglass windows. The flip door is magnetic, so no need for locks. 2 coats of exterior primer and 2 coats of exterior paint. The coop measures 50 inches long by 37 inches wide, by 65 inches tall. The run is 72 inches long by 36 inches wide by 27 inches tall.

Feel free to ask any questions :) Thanks for your input!

IMG_0778.JPG IMG_0781.JPG IMG_0782.JPG IMG_0788.JPG IMG_0789.JPG IMG_0791.JPG IMG_0778.JPG IMG_0781.JPG IMG_0782.JPG IMG_0788.JPG IMG_0789.JPG IMG_0791.JPG IMG_0793.JPG IMG_0794.JPG IMG_0795.JPG IMG_0798.JPG IMG_0799.JPG IMG_0801.JPG IMG_0804.JPG IMG_0806.JPG IMG_0807.JPG IMG_0811.JPG

Back
Top Bottom