NY chicken lover!!!!

Hello guys! I'm a new duckling and chick mommy. We live in Birdsall, Ny.
I have 1 Cayuga duckling (we lost the other two) and 2 leghorn chicks (we lost 1) and I have 3 more Cayuga ducklings that will be here friday.:frow:celebrate

We love New York!

Well I'm still kicking. DW sleeping. Taken time off work now that she's home. Nothing new on the chicken front, though they're laying good. Looks to be one of the barred ee's is an olive egger. I don't know which. I thought they'd not lay colored eggs since they both have non black legs.
None have gone broody yet, but I expect it any day.
Have not been to TSC since I don't get out much. Friend comes everyday pretty much and DD's been here too. PT and Nurse finally came. We shall see how things go.
I hate this cold more than ever and DD in texas has looked at houses with in law apartments. AND not only that they've opened a Starbucks near by AND they're putting in a TSC!! Satan is tricky though so I won't take that as a sign to move south and leave the church. Unless my pastor gives the thumbs up.
Still no official word from the doc on DW as to how long. Not something I want to broach. Some days are better than others.
We have been getting her out of bed into a wheel chair so that has been encouraging. Cancer is such a horrible disease. Please if you smoke quit, if you don't don't start. Don't self diagnose and for heavens' sake don't look for answers on FB. Talk to your doctor! Get your exams regularly. DW didn't smoke or drink or do drugs, but here we are.

Take care folks and please be well.

Rancher.
So sorry for all you and your family are going through. I’m glad you have your friend and DD to there with you at times. Sending love and prayers your way.

I'm glad I decided to check in today after several months. Rancher, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife and family. Cancer is horrible and claimed many of my family members. May you find strength, comfort, and peace during this tough time.

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here in ages. I'll try to catch up eventually. I just listed my Penedesenca quad on craigslist (downsizing this year to focus on garden and preparing a place for ducks next year) and was thinking about you all and chicken stock. My flock and family are well.

Anyone's want to summarize the happenings of the group?
Hello there, glad to hear from you again and happy all is well.

I am in Prattsburgh up on top of a hill and we also got hammered last week with 20". It drifted in places so walking between coops was up to my hips! It took us 2 days to plow out using a snowblower, 4wheeler with plow and our big tractor. too heavy to shovel. We live off grid and use solar so at least we never lose power.
When we buy our home we will be looking into solar. Never even considered the fact that we would have power when the power goes out

want to say hi. I live in Granby Ny. we get lots of SNOW!!!I am a newbie,have no chickens yet. but think I want barred rocks. i have a 3 story barn. i am going to make basement into coop. plenty of room,and will fence ,a run behind barn.doing a lot of reading on this great site.thank you. mark
Sounds like a great set up!

Back
Top Bottom