NY chicken lover!!!!

Hi,
I have an almost 1 year old chicken I bought over the winter that I need to find a home for. She is a great bird but she is noisy! We live a bit close here and our neighbors have been so good about the chickens until we brought Olive into the mix. I was told she is an olive egger . We live in suffolk county.
70791_chickens_040.jpg

Quote:
I agree with Renee, Sue-I've just hatched out silkies along with naked necks and the slw's....they're all different sizes yet they get along just fine! I am going Sunday and I will take 3 blrw's off ur hands if you've got them! I will just plop them in the brooder with yesterdays hatch lol!

You have Trukens!!!! I have one Blk one...it prob. is a roo!.. Aren't they so cute!!
wink.png
wink.png

Yes..they are! I just love them as babies...adorable! I can't wait to see u all at the show tmrw...good luck!!

Thanks Sue...I will bring a box with me!!

Quote:
No such thing as Interupting on this thread. It's a rare day when we don't have 3 - 4 different conversations going on at a time.

BTW
welcome-byc.gif
to this thread Hope you subscribed cuz this is a wild and crazy bunch.
lau.gif

Our Blue ameraucana x Cuckoo Maran OE roo was out free ranging last weekend with his ladies while me and the girls were out playing. My oldest looked at him and asked what his name was. I told her he didn't have one and asked her what she would like to name him. Her response was "pickle!" So our roo is now called pickle and my husband is thrilled. I just laughed. I thought it was cute and now the name is going to stick.

gig.gif

Now I KNOW no one told me that BluKote NEVER DRIES on chicken skin. Now my hand is purple. Why is it called BLUkote when it is actually purple?

Now the real question to all of you who hatch and raise Amerucanas. I have three of them. Yes, they are cute. One has the cutest little tail feathers. The other 2, who are the exact same age do not. Which gender is which when it comes to this breed? And I don't mean just sprouting tail feathers, these are almost an inch long and the other 2 don't even have tail feathers breaking through the skin. So do I have one roo and 2 hens or 2 roos and ONE hen? (when they grow up. Right now I have 3 chicks)

Tab's chicken obsession :

Our Blue ameraucana x Cuckoo Maran OE roo was out free ranging last weekend with his ladies while me and the girls were out playing. My oldest looked at him and asked what his name was. I told her he didn't have one and asked her what she would like to name him. Her response was "pickle!" So our roo is now called pickle and my husband is thrilled. I just laughed. I thought it was cute and now the name is going to stick.

gig.gif

yuckyuck.gif
...hmmmmm I like that name!​

Back
Top Bottom