NY chicken lover!!!!

Quote:
Me me me!! I wanted Toulouse and got white mixes I think!!! I will pick them up!!!Pm me!!

Nice to see this story has a happy ending!!!!
smile.png
There is a guy near me that has a HUGE field and pond dedicated to his geese. There's only about 10 geese but they have at least an acre and a big pond. It looks like heaven for them!

Quote:
Me me me!! I wanted Toulouse and got white mixes I think!!! I will pick them up!!!Pm me!!

Nice to see this story has a happy ending!!!!
smile.png
There is a guy near me that has a HUGE field and pond dedicated to his geese. There's only about 10 geese but they have at least an acre and a big pond. It looks like heaven for them!

Thanks...I'm hoping to get them July 10th! We'll meet halfway
wee.gif

Quote:
Someone said Bridgeport was having an auction tomorrow, but didn't know where. He lost his old place. I'd like to know, I have a lot of birds to sell...

You an me both. I have chicks for $1 each and no takers. EE's and three friz/del crosses. At this point I'd even part with the three Del chicks if someone would buy the rest.

Plus I have two Dom hens. and an EE roo. I may even give up Uncle George from GA. I hate to give up the two silkies from AL so I'm trying to hang on to them.

Toulous - Sorry about your geese but I don't think the neighbors nor I are up to geese, though I do like them. Maybe Trylin will take them.
lol.png

No word from her nor Renee?

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth!
big_smile.png
I just work entirely too many hours some weeks!

I have no news about the auction.

I'm suddenly battling coccidiosis. I've never had a problem before, so this is a real shock to me. It's primarily in one grow out pen, but I'm treating all the young to make sure I get a handle on it. It's really hard to sanitize the wood floors in the barn. The younger chicks in the brooders inside are fine, but I'm treating with Corid prophylactically to make sure.

The show - Noah won a blue ribbon, but we're not sure why!
lol.png
I took a few BBs, but not even worth mentioning because there was no competition. No Best of class. There were gorgeous silkie "pullets & cockerels" there that beat all the other silkies. If they were under a year old, I'll eat my hat.
hmm.png
I know how long it takes to grow a silkie to that size & it's not less than a year -- it's closer to two. Unfortunately, chickens don't have birth certificates.

Rancher --- congrats on the new grand baby!!!!!
clap.gif

Colleen --- Seriously????? I'm going to have to have a good close look at the last batch of chicks I hatched! All of the chicks so far have been light colored.

Here are some pics of the coop we are working on. It has progressed enough to house the Orpingtons, but we have a lot of work still to do. Every building need accessories, right?
lol.png

This is the inside. Shows the wood floor we put in.

This is the left side with the screen door. There are sliding wooden doors we close at night if needed.

This is not a screen door, more like a screen window. The skylight is above this area. You can just see
on the other side of the fence the part of the building that we have been using for our coop.

Happy Country Hens

Well I talked to someone at church tonight and I wouldn't hold out for an auction anytime soon. Now if anyone knows of another please let us know. If I have to drive a ways I guess that will be it.

Renee sorry about the show. I really did want you to do well. Even if it is with silkies.

happy, the coop looks good.

take care

Rancher

Quote:
You an me both. I have chicks for $1 each and no takers. EE's and three friz/del crosses. At this point I'd even part with the three Del chicks if someone would buy the rest.

Plus I have two Dom hens. and an EE roo. I may even give up Uncle George from GA. I hate to give up the two silkies from AL so I'm trying to hang on to them.

Toulous - Sorry about your geese but I don't think the neighbors nor I are up to geese, though I do like them. Maybe Trylin will take them.
lol.png

No word from her nor Renee?

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth!
big_smile.png
I just work entirely too many hours some weeks!

I have no news about the auction.

I'm suddenly battling coccidiosis. I've never had a problem before, so this is a real shock to me. It's primarily in one grow out pen, but I'm treating all the young to make sure I get a handle on it. It's really hard to sanitize the wood floors in the barn. The younger chicks in the brooders inside are fine, but I'm treating with Corid prophylactically to make sure.

The show - Noah won a blue ribbon, but we're not sure why!
lol.png
I took a few BBs, but not even worth mentioning because there was no competition. No Best of class. There were gorgeous silkie "pullets & cockerels" there that beat all the other silkies. If they were under a year old, I'll eat my hat.
hmm.png
I know how long it takes to grow a silkie to that size & it's not less than a year -- it's closer to two. Unfortunately, chickens don't have birth certificates.

Rancher --- congrats on the new grand baby!!!!!
clap.gif

Colleen --- Seriously????? I'm going to have to have a good close look at the last batch of chicks I hatched! All of the chicks so far have been light colored.

yes jet black it almost got lost in with the black coppers in the hatcher. i noticed its legs are a draker slate color too. i didnt see it pip or hatch i found the empty green shell in the hatcher. i was all worried because i was looking for a light colored chick. i had to look at each chick lol. i had over 30 black coppers in there lol.

Quote:
Kings auction in West Winfield has a auction on sunday. Consignments start at 7:30, auction starts at 11:30. I plan on bringing a bunch of roos
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom