NY chicken lover!!!!

I am trying to pare down a little, so I thought I'd offer some chickens here first before I post them on CL.

I'll be selling at least one point of lay Dominique trio from NYREDS line hatched in early spring. I have 3 trios. Nothing wrong with any of them, but I initially got them for a project with the Dorkings, so I have too many. They are gorgeous.

I have a few lav Orps culls -- I'm not happy with the feather quality on the ones for sale. I'll evaluate the splits today too. If you want them just to breed lav to lav & sell the chicks or eggs aas "pure Lavender Orps," please don't contact me. They are a project which is not finished & these are my CULLS. They would be useful for adding lavender to your Black Orps or as egg layers or meat. Sorry for being so picky about this, but I'd rather eat them myself than add to my frustration.

Hubby just sold the rest of the split Lav Ameraucanas this morning.
smile.png

I also have a few(very few) white Ameraucanas I'm culling for the leg being a bit too pale.

PM or email me if you're interested.

I have a nice lookng blue wheaten Ameraucana cockerel that I noticed today, he must have been hiding, should grow up to be correct.

He is free, just want to cut down and I sold all of my other Ameraucanas.

Also, 2 bantam partridge Wyandotte boys. One is about 5 months old, the other is a year old.

Quote:
Well I have the lav orps from Jody and I intend to breed and sell chicks come spring if the good lord wills. Though I have talked about just raising them and selling only pullets and culling the roos. I do have two nice looking ( IMO ) black roos that I think I should cross to the lavs.. The blacks just look fuller to me.

I also want to breed a black roo to the one BBS I got in AL. I do wish folks would be set up for chicks in January or early February cuz that's when I'll start hatching. This past year I started Dels before Christmas and folks didn't want them til they were all gone. I prefer my hens to lay in early summer not fall. Lord have mercy!

I have the two Dom. hens but they don't lay very big eggs and they lay a tinted or white eggs. And they aren't laying as well as I'd like. Not all breeds lay at the same per annum rate. That's why some lines lay better than others.

The roo brwn lghn bantam chick has a single comb. S'posed to be a rose. That dirty dog who sold donated them should have told me. The hen went broody and hasn't laid an egg since I took the chicks away after they hatched.

I do expect to buy a scale to weigh eggs, since they are sold by weight and not size so much. I have no doubt there have been some cartons that weighed in at extra large.

I still haven't seen any rabbits around at night and that's go me down. Means there might be fox in the area or worse coyotes. I don't hear so well so I wouldn't know. I've taken to "watering" again so may be the rabbits will come back. I wish I knew how to hunt fox and coons.

When we lived in the city there were more skunks and coons than out here. Or at least it seemed that way.

Last edited:
Quote:
You are so welcome and thanks to you! Enjoy and plz tell me how they turn out!...hmmmmm Did your wife like the pug?! lol! We finally made it to the party at 830! So many detours and all!..A very long day for my family...It was nice to meet you!

Quote:
Well I have the lav orps from Jody and I intend to breed and sell chicks come spring if the good lord wills. Though I have talked about just raising them and selling only pullets and culling the roos. I do have two nice looking ( IMO ) black roos that I think I should cross to the lavs.. The blacks just look fuller to me.

I also want to breed a black roo to the one BBS I got in AL. I do wish folks would be set up for chicks in January or early February cuz that's when I'll start hatching. This past year I started Dels before Christmas and folks didn't want them til they were all gone. I prefer my hens to lay in early summer not fall. Lord have mercy!

I have the two Dom. hens but they don't lay very big eggs and they lay a tinted or white eggs. And they aren't laying as well as I'd like. Not all breeds lay at the same per annum rate. That's why some lines lay better than others.

The roo brwn lghn bantam chick has a single comb. S'posed to be a rose. That dirty dog who sold donated them should have told me. The hen went broody and hasn't laid an egg since I took the chicks away after they hatched.

I do expect to buy a scale to weigh eggs, since they are sold by weight and not size so much. I have no doubt there have been some cartons that weighed in at extra large.

I still haven't seen any rabbits around at night and that's go me down. Means there might be fox in the area or worse coyotes. I don't hear so well so I wouldn't know. I've taken to "watering" again so may be the rabbits will come back. I wish I knew how to hunt fox and coons.

When we lived in the city there were more skunks and coons than out here. Or at least it seemed that way.

I love your thinking regarding ordering chicks in the winter. HECK, I did that. I ordered them in February. I'm Still am not going to have eggs til mid summer. Best laid plans and all.

Why did you take the hen's chicks away after they hatched? Maybe you should have given her a day or two of motherhood and then she would have placed them in your hand to take away. (I know I wanted to give my kids away after a few days.
lau.gif
)

Quote:

Oooooh, Tim.... There's a big red fox prowling up & down our road! I've seen him as far us as the thruway bridge & yesterday on my block a few houses down. It was on the swamp side of the road.

When do these chicks stop their darn peeping? Mine are 10 weeks and 6 weeks. I am ready to wring some necks. The peeping goes on non-stop 24/7.

Cass - I took them away cuz I had no place for the rooster she is with. Other wise I would have left them together. I have to build a special coop for the two of them so they have more room and a run. Soon dear , soon.

Tgrlily - I will freak out on it if I see it. I'll chase it down and beat it's head in. I ain't afraid. I don't own a gun but I'll have no problem killing anything that comes near my yard. That goes for two legged vermit too. If John owns a gun I hope he shoots it. I haven't seen it myself but Mike says she has. I did lose a CM hen sometime but I don't know when or to what.

Well take care all,

rancher

Back
Top Bottom