NY chicken lover!!!!

Where did everybody go?
hu.gif

Quote:
Well I went to pick up a pair of Red- Golden Pheasants. They were great, put them in the pen with my very calm Peafowl, watched them all day to see if there would be any issues. Nothing. Went to bed, woke up this morning and the female is gone. I thought she was big enough not to fit through the chain-link fence but apparently I was wrong. This is awful. Sad day here. He is now in a different enclosure with chicken wire over the fencing. Alone.

Quote:
Well I went to pick up a pair of Red- Golden Pheasants. They were great, put them in the pen with my very calm Peafowl, watched them all day to see if there would be any issues. Nothing. Went to bed, woke up this morning and the female is gone. I thought she was big enough not to fit through the chain-link fence but apparently I was wrong. This is awful. Sad day here. He is now in a different enclosure with chicken wire over the fencing. Alone.

She might still turn up, we has a 11 week old chick disappear from our pen the first night we brought her home and the next day around 11 am she popped out of some bushes! We had spent a hour looking for her the night before!

Hello everyone,

I live in Ulster county ny. I have 7 girls one roo. We didn't get any flooding from the hurricane, we were very lucky. My chickens we kept in the coop till it was safe. They did not like that at all.
They are only 3 1/2 months old and my rooster Clarence finally found his voice. He is a beautiful bird and I really hope he doesn't turn mean. I can't get near him to pick him up, but I can pick up the rest.
I will post pics soon. I am new at forums so please be paitent as i don't know what I'm doing lol.
big_smile.png

Quote:

She might still turn up, we has a 11 week old chick disappear from our pen the first night we brought her home and the next day around 11 am she popped out of some bushes! We had spent a hour looking for her the night before!

I sure hope she turns up!

Welcome Belllane!

Quote:

I hope for your sake she returns. Maybe she will come back looking for her buddy. Don't give up yet...

Has anyone gotten their entry for the Cobelskill show end of September?

I sent my address to Jamie Matts so I would get one, but nothing so far...I heard that the fairgrounds there was washed out with a flood. Is that true?

i got the entry in the mail this past week.

i know from my work- that one of our inspectors who lives 20 miles north of cobelskill was flooded out with 8ft of water.

another rep south of there said the interstates are ok. I dont know personally what kind of condition the fair grounds there are in.

I am hoping to get to go to this one. my daughter has planned her entries.

Back
Top Bottom