Odd behaviour

nancysmith2

Songster
11 Years
Mar 24, 2009
Alabama
I have a 1 yr old RSL that has the oddest behavior. She walks backwards and bows her head. Not all the time just sometimes. Anyone else seen this behavior?

No I have not but it reminds me of the way you are supposed to leave a room when a King or Queen is present. Walk backwards and bow. Perhaps she views you as the emperor. :)

Yes! Our BR did this a few times over the course of about 2 days; she'd shuffling back a few steps with her head down and then would twist her neck to the right in sharp snaps. This was over a month ago now and she hasn't done it since (and never did it before). What I found about it is that it was probably related to her crop, like something was either stuck or felt uncomfortable to her and she was attempting to move it along. She ate and drank normally the whole time and then it just stopped, so whatever she was working at she apparently fixed.

Keep on eye on yours. If she keeps it up or stops eating/drinking, she may have an impacted crop (do a search on the forums because there's a ton of good info about crops around here).

Back
Top Bottom