Odd crow - and then squeak

This is our four month old Cockerel, white meat. In the last week, he started making this odd squeak after crowing. Otherwise, he seems fine. Is something wrong? I've never heard this sound before.

Sounds like he's drawing in air/breath after the crow.

Probably normal, but since this is "new", I'd keep watch on him to see if it worsens or if he develops other symptoms like wheezing, sneezing, coughing, runny mucous, etc. Also periodically check inside his beak to make sure it's nice and clean looking with no mucous or lesions.

Air sacs are like bellows - you may find the video interesting.

Sounds like he's drawing in air/breath after the crow.

Probably normal, but since this is "new", I'd keep watch on him to see if it worsens or if he develops other symptoms like wheezing, sneezing, coughing, runny mucous, etc. Also periodically check inside his beak to make sure it's nice and clean looking with no mucous or lesions.

Air sacs are like bellows - you may find the video interesting.

Ty so much!

This is our four month old Cockerel, white meat. In the last week, he started making this odd squeak after crowing. Otherwise, he seems fine. Is something wrong? I've never heard this sound before.

He sounds like our head rooster Bok Bok (see picture). He has that little last gasp wheeze too. I've never thought it was something to worry about though, as there's probably not a stock rooster crow. It gives him distinction. Now, our other rooster Dot (gold laced black wyandotte) has a sort of Kermit the Frog throaty sound. Now that's funny!

Back
Top Bottom