OEGB hen has crushed egg stuck inside of her, help!!!

Moochie

Songster
9 Years
Nov 8, 2010
North Edwards
My oegb has a crushed egg inside of her. I can feel it right under her vent. It's got a crunchy feeling and she hasn't passed it yet. I'm getting worried because she's acting a little funny. She is eating and drinking fine, she doesn't socialize as much as she used to and will walk over when I have treats but won't peck at them. She is usually huddled in a corner by herself with tail down slightly. The egg has been in her since Tuesday of this week. I don't want to lose her she is one of my favorites.
I've been massaging under her vent trying to get the egg out but all that comes out is white runny fluid, occasionally poop, and a bit of a prolapse. Please help me so I can help her.

please put put her on antibiotic ASAP if you can't get her to the Vet. try the bath and try your best to carefully remove the pieces. an injectable antibotic might be best. I'm sure it's getting infected by now. read up on removing the pieces from her body online. be very careful.I read use mineral oil carefully inside the vent in the warm bath and carefully do your best to remove the pieces. the antibiotics will help infection from setting in. best of luck to you! Hope she gets well soon!

please put put her on antibiotic ASAP if you can't get her to the Vet. try the bath and try your best to carefully remove the pieces. an injectable antibotic might be best. I'm sure it's getting infected by now. read up on removing the pieces from her body online. be very careful.I read use mineral oil carefully inside the vent in the warm bath and carefully do your best to remove the pieces. the antibiotics will help infection from setting in. best of luck to you! Hope she gets well soon!
Oh no :[ she has such a tiny vent how am I going to get my fingers in there without hurting her? I will get her antibiotics right away. Well antibiotics are just as far away as the vet is so I'll try to do both. I'll give her a warm bath right now.

I gave her the bath. Seemed as if she was pushing or straining during it. She is a bantam and I cannot get my finger inside and pick out pieces. I could only get so far without her freaking out and trying to get out of the water tub. Even though online guides say there are 2 entrances I could get my finger into one and I could feel the egg under that one.

Back
Top Bottom