Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Eclipse pulled her wings in tightly to her sides, stepping tensely into the apartment. And I thought human devices were creepy, she thought, watching the green tentacles open and close the storage spaces throughout the multiroom living space, pulling out oddly colored vials and jars. "Wow," she said pacing to the counter that Rose had gestured to and carefully lifted a vial in her talon. "You don't get out much, do you?" she glanced around the room for something to put the odd liquids in. There were plants everywhere. Some of them grew out of normal pots and planting troughs, others were spilling out the top of vases and jars. A few even seemed to be growing from the walls themselves, some with root digging into the pipes that ran along the ceiling. A few of them looked innocent and normal, some that Eclipse even recognized, but the majority were oddly shaped or colored, and of course, she couldn't ignore the fact that they seemed to move with a mind of their own. She shuddered and turned back to Rose. "What exactly do these drugs do again?" she asked, carefully watching a particularly large and close vine slither across the counter like a snake.

@Crestcrazy2
Gosh you’re so much better at the whole plant thing then me 😂

No, not much lately. I’ve been in here working on these,” She waved her talon around the room at all the different racks and cabinets filled with drugs, some bright red and yellow, others deep blue and radioactive green. “It’s a full time job, that and my plants of course.”
Rose glanced at her and then towards the vials she held, “Those in particular restore a dragons natural abilities. Fire, warping, icebreath, venom too. Though the venom part was something I added to the original recipe, kinda proud of it.”
She answered with a smile.

Gosh you’re so much better at the whole plant thing then me 😂

No, not much lately. I’ve been in here working on these,” She waved her talon around the room at all the different racks and cabinets filled with drugs, some bright red and yellow, others deep blue and radioactive green. “It’s a full time job, that and my plants of course.”
Rose glanced at her and then towards the vials she held, “Those in particular restore a dragons natural abilities. Fire, warping, icebreath, venom too. Though the venom part was something I added to the original recipe, kinda proud of it.”
She answered with a smile.
Eclipse inspected the vial. "Do the humans have a drug that prevents warping?" she said, carefully setting the glass tube into one of the cotton-filled boxes, flinching back quickly as one of the vines reach forward and set one in next to her talon. "From what I've experienced, they just use these collars." She tapped the metal band and shook her head, scowling at the ground. "Honestly I almost wish they had used some sort of drug. Seeing as you have successfully-" she stopped short, freezing with one talon halfway inside one of the boxes. She turned to look back at Rose. "You have been coming up with potions and mixtures for all sorts of variables for the breakout right? Do you have one that can melt metal?" Oh, Eclipse knew Tobias wouldn't approve. The human was very cautious about the dragons he "owned", even if he trusted them to some extent. She knew he would probably freak out if she got her band off--freed her warping. The truth was, Eclipse didn't really care.
Of course, she appreciated his want to help her and the others escape, but Eclipse was her own dragon. If she wanted the band off, it was coming off.

@Crestcrazy2

The truck coughed and spluttered as Tobias wriggled the keys in the ignition. It failed to turn over, and after a minute of trying, Tobias cursed the vehicle and slumped back into the seat, resting his head against the leather head rest, feeling sweat slowly coat his face.
He stared out the window, then kicked the door open, trying to release the sweltering heat. A daft, dry breeze wafted through the truck as the vehicle dinged obnoxiously.
Two figures stared at him through the tinted windows, and Tobias squinted through the heat waves, gazing back at the black-eyed children. The taller assumed male pulled his sibling back behind a short, square, sandstone house, disappearing behind an overflowing dumpster. Tobias could hear the flies from where he sat feeling his cheeks warm from the heat.
He swung his head back around, clenching his jaw as he rammed his boot down on the brake, fumbling with the keys. Tobias gave the key a sharp twist, letting the engine turn over for probably longer than was necessary, but he didn't care.
The truck started, and hot air conditioning blasted through the vehicle.
He slammed the door shut.
Tobias threw the truck in reverse, backing out of the narrow parking spot, and slowly turning. He rolled the windows down hesitantly- the tint helped hide his appearance.
Gravel crunched at Tobias pulled up beside the apartment. He left the truck running, swinging his door wide open and slowly walking around the vehicle and towards the doorway.

Helios felt a broad, strong tail thwack him across the left side of his face. Pain erupted from the area and he roared loudly as he stumbled back. His firescales had died down completely now, the heat being smothered out by the sand and Crest was looking worse then before. He looks insane….not enough water. Take away a Seawings water and you might as well take away their conscious. He thought, his eyes scanning the arena for anything useful. A pole held the roof up but it was immovable, even for a huge dragon like him and the walls were smooth and blood stained, there was nothing he could use to his advantage. His jaw was searing with pain, instinctively making him want to use inside fire, but he couldn’t. Crest was innocent and the keys would melt if he did. Helios leapt forward and pinned him down instead, releasing a powerful roar right into his ears, seeing the insanity in his eyes. In doing so he stupidly left his belly exposed to the ravenous Seawing. Or at least that’s what the humans would think.
Lynn began to get concerned as the crowd around her cheered louder. It became evident that those insanely powerful dragons were probably going to kill each other. She had enjoyed watching them when they were both unharmed, but she wasn't sure she was prepared to watch their lives be wasted for the purpose of entertainment. She'd never seen a dragon fight before. Was this how it was supposed to go, or were handlers going to come break them up before they got too seriously injured? Did they not worry about losing all the money they put into buying the dragon if it dies in the arena? That this is wrong thought came back to the front of her mind, and she tried to ignore the lingering excitement of watching the two glorious creatures show off their amazing power in such a destructive way.

Name: Lori (like a lorikeet)

Tribe: Rainwing / Cloudwing hybrid

Physical appearance: Currently, her feathers are an almost solid brown color as an attempt to look like a regular cloudwing, but most of the time she shimmers brightly with all sorts of different colors much like any rainwing. Her feathers do take a lot longer to change color than a rainwing's scales though. She can spit venom that stings pretty badly, but it's not strong enough to kill.

Personality: Lori is adventurous and impulsive. She is also extremely curious about the world around her. She has the tendency to think she's always right, and also think that she's a bit more skilled at things than she is. Ultimately though, she wants to help others, but she's really stubborn and she's not entirely sure how to go about helping them sometimes. She can have trouble staying in one place for too long, but she tries her best out of loyalty to the people she meets there.

Backstory: (Optional) Lori's father was a cloudwing drifter who found his way into the jungle and met a pretty rainwing. He didn't stick around long after his daughter hatched though. In the rainwing kingdom, Lori was raised more by the other dragonets than her mother, and she always shared with them her dreams of seeing the world and learning things she'd never even dreamed of. She also secretly hoped that one day, if she made it out of the jungle, she'd just maybe meet her father. Her dreams of exploring the world came true when she was only sixteen. She discovered the portal/tunnel that leads to the desert. After that, she ventured further into the desert each day, but still returned to her home at in the evening. That was until she was caught in a sandstorm and the entrance to the tunnel was covered up. She barely made it through the storm, but she managed to find a desert oasis to collapse in after it was over. From there, she started her grand adventure of exploring the world, going from oasis to oasis hoping to get out of the desert. She also wanted to officially say goodbye to her friends. Eventually she did make it to one of the mountain ranges at the edge of the desert, but her time to admire it's beauty was cut short by hunters who noticed her unusually colorful feathers (which were bright pink and yellow at that time.) She was captured and taken to the scorpion den. Her owner regularly tries to sell her for very high prices claiming that she's the only cloudwing able to change colors, but she's stubbornly remained a dull brown and white color since she got there. Most people just think he's a scammer trying to sell a regular cloudwing. She hasn't been in the arena before since her owner now really wants to prove that he's not crazy about her changing colors and he can't do that if she's dead.

Eclipse inspected the vial. "Do the humans have a drug that prevents warping?" she said, carefully setting the glass tube into one of the cotton-filled boxes, flinching back quickly as one of the vines reach forward and set one in next to her talon. "From what I've experienced, they just use these collars." She tapped the metal band and shook her head, scowling at the ground. "Honestly I almost wish they had used some sort of drug. Seeing as you have successfully-" she stopped short, freezing with one talon halfway inside one of the boxes. She turned to look back at Rose. "You have been coming up with potions and mixtures for all sorts of variables for the breakout right? Do you have one that can melt metal?" Oh, Eclipse knew Tobias wouldn't approve. The human was very cautious about the dragons he "owned", even if he trusted them to some extent. She knew he would probably freak out if she got her band off--freed her warping. The truth was, Eclipse didn't really care.
Of course, she appreciated his want to help her and the others escape, but Eclipse was her own dragon. If she wanted the band off, it was coming off.

@Crestcrazy2
The truck coughed and spluttered as Tobias wriggled the keys in the ignition. It failed to turn over, and after a minute of trying, Tobias cursed the vehicle and slumped back into the seat, resting his head against the leather head rest, feeling sweat slowly coat his face.
He stared out the window, then kicked the door open, trying to release the sweltering heat. A daft, dry breeze wafted through the truck as the vehicle dinged obnoxiously.
Two figures stared at him through the tinted windows, and Tobias squinted through the heat waves, gazing back at the black-eyed children. The taller assumed male pulled his sibling back behind a short, square, sandstone house, disappearing behind an overflowing dumpster. Tobias could hear the flies from where he sat feeling his cheeks warm from the heat.
He swung his head back around, clenching his jaw as he rammed his boot down on the brake, fumbling with the keys. Tobias gave the key a sharp twist, letting the engine turn over for probably longer than was necessary, but he didn't care.
The truck started, and hot air conditioning blasted through the vehicle.
He slammed the door shut.
Tobias threw the truck in reverse, backing out of the narrow parking spot, and slowly turning. He rolled the windows down hesitantly- the tint helped hide his appearance.
Gravel crunched at Tobias pulled up beside the apartment. He left the truck running, swinging his door wide open and slowly walking around the vehicle and towards the doorway.
Oh, well after the band is off it gets rid of the lingering buzzing it leaves behind in your head for awhile, instead of days it takes a minute or two.” She replied with a wink. At the next question she couldn’t help but laugh, absentmindedly watching a pothos plant wrap around a handle and tug it open while a flowering vine took the bottles inside from the shelves and to a nearby box. “Of course, dear. what’s a proper jailbreak with corrosive acid? Why ya wonderin?” She asked, suddenly curious, her deep purple eyes landing on her and immediately going to the band around her neck. “Ah, I see.”

Oh, well after the band is off it gets rid of the lingering buzzing it leaves behind in your head for awhile, instead of days it takes a minute or two.” She replied with a wink. At the next question she couldn’t help but laugh, absentmindedly watching a pothos plant wrap around a handle and tug it open while a flowering vine took the bottles inside from the shelves and to a nearby box. “Of course, dear. what’s a proper jailbreak with corrosive acid? Why ya wonderin?” She asked, suddenly curious, her deep purple eyes landing on her and immediately going to the band around her neck. “Ah, I see.”
"I want it gone," Eclipse said firmly, meeting Rose's gaze. "All of it. The collar and the buzzing. Is now a good time? The breakout is in just a couple of hours anyway. Besides," she turned her head to watch one of the vining plants, edging away from it slightly. "It's not like I plan on using my warping anytime soon anyway. I just want to feel my fullest when I do use it." She shrugged. "And in all honesty, I am tired of this thing." She glanced over her shoulder at the door. Hopefully, Tobias wouldn't show up at that moment and try to stop her.

Back
Top Bottom