Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Lynn was, quite honestly, horrified to by what she saw. She clenched her fists in her pockets and furrowed her brow as the fight intensified. The seawing bit the solarwing's throat, and she wanted to help those dragons so much. Call off the fight already! It was obvious who had won when bright red blood began to spill down the solarwing's neck. How did watching two creatures kill each other amuse people? She halfway wished that she never came to the Scorpion Den so that she wouldn't have to watch this. Lynn winced as the solarwing cauterized his own neck. The pain those dragons must be going through was almost unimaginable to her. She saw the dragons mouth move then it looked at the crowd and it made eye contact with her. Not anyone else, just her. It was only for a second, but she shuddered from the tortured look in it's eyes. She wanted to do anything she could for those dragons so much. She'd never wanted to do anything in her life as much as she wanted to save those dragons. She just... didn't know anything she could do.
I'm loving watching the character development on Lynn. It's quite promising.

Eclipse's eyes slit dangerously, and she leveled her gaze coldly on the human, the mood shifting dramatically.
"Any "authority" you think you have is entitled to you by whatever twisted feats humankind pretends makes them superior," she growled lowly. "I don't care what about this place belongs to you, my warping belongs to me and the heritage of my tribe." She flicked her tail dismissively and dropped her gaze back to her talons, scraping some loose sand from beneath a claw.
"But whatever," she muttered. "I'll save it. But not because I respond to your "authority"."
Tobias bit his lip, looking away, and then jerking his gaze back to the LunarWing. "No- I do have authority in my lot, regardless of your opinion. Maybe you should take a step back- and see where I'm coming from. I met you- this morning. You hated me- THIS MORNING. So- tell me how the heck am I to look at this situation with any sort of comfort? I don't know you, and I don't know your motives."
Tobias ripped his hat back, flinging it at one of the coolers as he turned back to the grill. "I could have you unconscious and in one of the cages right. this. moment, if I wished," he said in a low, dangerous tone. Suddenly, he wheeled back around, pointing an accusing finger at Eclipse, "I'm doing you a huge favor. Look at me. LOOK AT ME. I'M DOING FINE!" He laughed, somewhat hysterically, gesturing around the lot, and turning a full circle. "I'm doing BRILLIANTLY. We are living the gosh. darn. life, here in the Scorpion Den." Tobias clenched his fists.
"I don't need you." He spat, "You need me. Spot the difference."
Tobias took a shaky breath as he returned to the grill, hesitating before aggressively flipping each steak.

Tobias bit his lip, looking away, and then jerking his gaze back to the LunarWing. "No- I do have authority in my lot, regardless of your opinion. Maybe you should take a step back- and see where I'm coming from. I met you- this morning. You hated me- THIS MORNING. So- tell me how the heck am I to look at this situation with any sort of comfort? I don't know you, and I don't know your motives."
Tobias ripped his hat back, flinging it at one of the coolers as he turned back to the grill. "I could have you unconscious and in one of the cages right. this. moment, if I wished," he said in a low, dangerous tone. Suddenly, he wheeled back around, pointing an accusing finger at Eclipse, "I'm doing you a huge favor. Look at me. LOOK AT ME. I'M DOING FINE!" He laughed, somewhat hysterically, gesturing around the lot, and turning a full circle. "I'm doing BRILLIANTLY. We are living the gosh. darn. life, here in the Scorpion Den." Tobias clenched his fists.
"I don't need you." He spat, "You need me. Spot the difference."
Tobias took a shaky breath as he returned to the grill, hesitating before aggressively flipping each steak.
Eclipse stared blankly at Tobias's back, blinking in shock. Finally, she turned toward Sol with a 'what just happened' look, shaking her head.

Eclipse stared blankly at Tobias's back, blinking in shock. Finally, she turned toward Sol with a 'what just happened' look, shaking her head.
Sol could feel Eclipse staring at him, but he didn't return her look. Instead, he rolled himself back over, pushing himself off the ground and straightening, silently studying Tobias with an air of confusion, fear, and betrayal. Perhaps that was the drugs still coursing through his mind. But perhaps..
Sol tried to take a step forward, every muscle painfully swollen with a fierce, burning pain.
He stumbled, barely catching himself.
Tobias must have seen the SolarWing standing in his perefreial vision, because the moment Sol was on his feet, he was advancing towards the dragon with a worried look. "Get off your feet, you shouldn't be walking- you shouldn't be awake. You need to rest."
"Tobe." Sol whispered. "What was that, man."
A wave of embarrassment washed through Tobias.
Sol sounded so.. disappointed.
That killed.
But Tobias drowned the emotions in anger, turning towards Sol's cage and rummaging through his bag, pills clacking noisly in containers.
Sol finally met Eclipse's gaze with a hard, broken look as Tobias returned, shoving something into his pocket.
"Are you hungry?" He asked quietly.
Sol shook his head.
Tobias stared at the red dragon, his heartbeat quickening.
Sol watched him with a concerned look, searching Tobias' expression for any hint of his usual confidence. But now he looked lost. He looked broken. He looked terrified.
"What." Sol barked dryly, breaking the silence.
Tobias jumped. He took a wary step towards Sol, running a hand down the dragons fire red scales, and kneeling to inspect his wing.
Sol curled his head around, staring at Tobias. "What is it?"
Tobe leaned his head against the dragon, closing his eyes tightly. "I messed up." He whispered, his voice high and broken. Tobias tilted his head to meet Sol's eyes. "I'm in too deep. And I've risked your safety. And there's only one thing I can do now to ensure I see you again some day."
Sol stiffened, but Tobias rubbed a hand down his neck again, "No, none of that, none of that," he whispered. "Don't you.. trust me?"
"I trust you." Sol didn't hesitate.
 Now.
But Tobias didn't do it. He.. couldn't do it. Not then.
So he leaned against Sol again, closing his eyes as the dragon shakily lowered himself to the ground.
"I trust you." Sol repeated quietly as Tobias brought his hand up to Sol's cheek, running a finger down the dragons nose as Sol rested his head in the emotionally plagued man's lap.

Sol could feel Eclipse staring at him, but he didn't return her look. Instead, he rolled himself back over, pushing himself off the ground and straightening, silently studying Tobias with an air of confusion, fear, and betrayal. Perhaps that was the drugs still coursing through his mind. But perhaps..
Sol tried to take a step forward, every muscle painfully swollen with a fierce, burning pain.
He stumbled, barely catching himself.
Tobias must have seen the SolarWing standing in his perefreial vision, because the moment Sol was on his feet, he was advancing towards the dragon with a worried look. "Get off your feet, you shouldn't be walking- you shouldn't be awake. You need to rest."
"Tobe." Sol whispered. "What was that, man."
A wave of embarrassment washed through Tobias.
Sol sounded so.. disappointed.
That killed.
But Tobias drowned the emotions in anger, turning towards Sol's cage and rummaging through his bag, pills clacking noisly in containers.
Sol finally met Eclipse's gaze with a hard, broken look as Tobias returned, shoving something into his pocket.
"Are you hungry?" He asked quietly.
Sol shook his head.
Tobias stared at the red dragon, his heartbeat quickening.
Sol watched him with a concerned look, searching Tobias' expression for any hint of his usual confidence. But now he looked lost. He looked broken. He looked terrified.
"What." Sol barked dryly, breaking the silence.
Tobias jumped. He took a wary step towards Sol, running a hand down the dragons fire red scales, and kneeling to inspect his wing.
Sol curled his head around, staring at Tobias. "What is it?"
Tobe leaned his head against the dragon, closing his eyes tightly. "I messed up." He whispered, his voice high and broken. Tobias tilted his head to meet Sol's eyes. "I'm in too deep. And I've risked your safety. And there's only one thing I can do now to ensure I see you again some day."
Sol stiffened, but Tobias rubbed a hand down his neck again, "No, none of that, none of that," he whispered. "Don't you.. trust me?"
"I trust you." Sol didn't hesitate.
 Now.
But Tobias didn't do it. He.. couldn't do it. Not then.
So he leaned against Sol again, closing his eyes as the dragon shakily lowered himself to the ground.
"I trust you." Sol repeated quietly as Tobias brought his hand up to Sol's cheek, running a finger down the dragons nose as Sol rested his head in the emotionally plagued man's lap.
Eclipse wished she could understand what was happening. Both Sol and Tobias looked mentally vulnerable, broken. Something about Tobias especially seemed off. He was hiding something, she could tell, but what it actually was, she was completely clueless. After a moment of hard silence, Eclipse let out a long quiet sigh and stood up, turning away from the others and pacing back to the cage she had been in the day before. She paused in front of it, her tail twitching violently before she leapt onto the thick iron roof, circling once before flopping onto the cool surface with her back to the rest of the lot. There was something wrong with Tobias, and Eclipse didn't know if he was just stressed, or if he was actually insane. Maybe he was planning something for her--luring her in so that he could use her. It made about as much sense as it sounded, and Eclipse didn't even have a single hint as to what could possibly be up with him.
She thought back to what she had said the day before, and when they were in the hallway. She felt stupid. How could she actually start to trust a human of all things? Worse, how could she actually support his decisions? Think that he was that much different from the rest of them? She didn't understand most of what was happening in the Scorpion Den, but she had foolishly assumed that Tobias did, and that he wanted what was best. And maybe he really did. But from what she was beginning to suspect, maybe what he thought was best, wasn't actually what was best for her. Or for any of the dragons for that matter. Not a few minutes before, he had threatened her. Believed that he had any right at all to put her in a cage, just because he owned this small section of such a moon-forsaken place. The Scorpion Den itself had already taken almost everything from her, to a point that the little she had left was easily evaluated and so, so frail.
Eclipse draped her tail over her snout and opened her eyes again, staring at the colorless wall. She had lost any inclination to eat within the past few moments, and if Tobias had the nerve to try and offer her anything, she would probably just ignore him.
Eclipse let her focus shift to the scales that surrounded her eyes, the gentle liquid flowing from the spots like gravityless tears. She only allowed a small talon-full worth of warping, slowly curling it and shifting it close to her snout, the fold of her body blocking it from the view of the rest of the lot. She lifted a talon slightly and let the warping curl around her claws like water before sliding cooly over her talon and seeping between her scales. She heaved a deep sigh and dropped her talon again, closing her eyes in the hopes of falling asleep.

Last edited:
Are we almost synced? Can we just start the breakout? This is starting be nonsensical timewise.
Taber said this is happening in our world? So like, on a specific continent?
We are almost synced... it's been slow with the oasis group because Lydia has been at work a lot of the time. I am gonna try to skip a lot of hours and stuff to get them to the same time

Okay hang on, what did I say was happening in our world? This whole story is in Phyrria.

@_-Captain BRM-_

Back
Top Bottom