Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Eclipse shrugged, reaching for the container. "Never said you couldn't," she pointed out sarcastically.
She turned toward Shard, the Icewing dragonet still hiding under her wing. Eclipse nudged her forward and set the antibiotics on the ground.
"I have to try and get the bullets out," she said softly, summoning some of her warping. She formed the tiny, needle-like blades behind her other wing so that the dragonet couldn't see them.
"It might hurt a little bit, but we have to get them out or they won't heal."
She gestured for Bloodmoon to come closer.
"I need you to make sure she doesn't see what I'm doing. Keep her calm and positive." She fixed the Nightwing with a hard stare.
I know she's an Icewing, but for moons sake, she's a dragonet, she is too young to even understand tribal divisions. Please, just help her her
Bloodmoon walked in front of the dragonet. "I remember one time a bird came into my cave, he twittered on the floor and looked up at me, I was no bigger than you, so I walked over to that bird and tweeted. He tweeted back. I helped him out of my cave and flew into the sky, he followed me and we searched for berries and rats to eat. His name was Oliver. Have you ever had any friends?"

Bloodmoon walked in front of the dragonet. "I remember one time a bird came into my cave, he twittered on the floor and looked up at me, I was no bigger than you, so I walked over to that bird and tweeted. He tweeted back. I helped him out of my cave and flew into the sky, he followed me and we searched for berries and rats to eat. His name was Oliver. Have you ever had any friends?"
Eclipse smiled, unable to hide her amusement as she crouched on the other side of the dragonet, trying to carefully pull the bullet out of the first wound with the warping. She dipped the blades into the painkiller salve again before continuing the gut-wrenching process again.
"Try not to tense," she whispered gently to Shard, feeling the Icewing slowly grow more and more rigid with each little movement of the blades.

Shard blinked up at Bloodmoon, her deep blue eyes soaking up the odd red hue from his scales and the glittering teardrops behind his eyes.
"I found a fuzzy orange thing when I was at the loud-yard once. It had dragon eyes but it was covered in fuzz and when I touched it, it vibrated." She smiled warily. "Have you ever met a vibrating-fuzzy-critter before?"

Eclipse suppressed a laugh.

Eclipse smiled, unable to hide her amusement as she crouched on the other side of the dragonet, trying to carefully pull the bullet out of the first wound with the warping. She dipped the blades into the painkiller salve again before continuing the gut-wrenching process again.
"Try not to tense," she whispered gently to Shard, feeling the Icewing slowly grow more and more rigid with each little movement of the blades.

Shard blinked up at Bloodmoon, her deep blue eyes soaking up the odd red hue from his scales and the glittering teardrops behind his eyes.
"I found a fuzzy orange thing when I was at the loud-yard once. It had dragon eyes but it was covered in fuzz and when I touched it, it vibrated." She smiled warily. "Have you ever met a vibrating-fuzzy-critter before?"

Eclipse suppressed a laugh.
"I've never even heard of them," Bloodmoon smiled. This dragonet was kinder than he thought Icewings could be. "But I have seen a tiny thing, no bigger than a mouse. It was slimy and had big eyes. It jumped high and long too."

"I've never even heard of them," Bloodmoon smiled. This dragonet was kinder than he thought Icewings could be. "But I have seen a tiny thing, no bigger than a mouse. It was slimy and had big eyes. It jumped high and long too."
Shard wrinkled her snout up, a smile spreading across her face as she did.
"Ewwww," she said, then broke into a small laugh. "That is so weird. I hope that the slimy things don't jump on dragons."
She stared at Bloodmoon a moment longer.
"Why do you have glittery scales by your eyes?"

Shard wrinkled her snout up, a smile spreading across her face as she did.
"Ewwww," she said, then broke into a small laugh. "That is so weird. I hope that the slimy things don't jump on dragons."
She stared at Bloodmoon a moment longer.
"Why do you have glittery scales by your eyes?"
Bloodmoon hesitated and looked at Eclipse. "Well, I have a cool super power like your frostbreath." He leaned closer and glanced around as if she was the only one that should know. "I... can read minds."

Bloodmoon hesitated and looked at Eclipse. "Well, I have a cool super power like your frostbreath." He leaned closer and glanced around as if she was the only one that should know. "I... can read minds."
Shard's eyes widened in amazement. "No way."

Eclipse pulled the first bullet from the wound on the dragonet's wing shoulder, smearing some of the antibiotics on a strip of the white cloth before wrapping it over the injury. She was honestly shocked by how gently Bloodmoon was handling the Icewing, and Shard seemed to be recovering from her terror well because of it.

"So, you can read my mind right now? Like The Darkstalker? That's so cool. What am I thinking right now." She closed her eyes and scrunched up her face as she thought fiercely about the little critter she'd seen in the loud-yard, not even considering how obvious the choice might be.

Eclipse laughed quietly as she moved to the next injury. The dragonet seemed to be ignoring the pain incredibly well.

@Mary Poopins Love

Shard's eyes widened in amazement. "No way."

Eclipse pulled the first bullet from the wound on the dragonet's wing shoulder, smearing some of the antibiotics on a strip of the white cloth before wrapping it over the injury. She was honestly shocked by how gently Bloodmoon was handling the Icewing, and Shard seemed to be recovering from her terror well because of it.

"So, you can read my mind right now? Like The Darkstalker? That's so cool. What am I thinking right now." She closed her eyes and scrunched up her face as she thought fiercely about the little critter she'd seen in the loud-yard, not even considering how obvious the choice might be.

Eclipse laughed quietly as she moved to the next injury. The dragonet seemed to be ignoring the pain incredibly well.

@Mary Poopins Love
Bloodmoon winced as Darkstalker's name was mentioned so casually. "You're thinking about that fuzzy creature you found." He smiled at the dragonet. "What's your favorite food Shard?"

Eclipse stared back at Bloodmoon, holding his gaze almost defiantly. There was so much she wanted to say that she couldn't. Lunarwings had been practically driven to extinction by other tribes--dragons who feared their power, or believed their warping was "unnatural". And Nightwings were no exception to that. They worked with the humans to hunt and kill what little was left of the tribe, whether or not they were forced to or chose. Eclipse could very well hate Bloodmoon for that, but somehow, she had set that aside. Worse, she had opened up to him. Albeit, very little and mostly against her will, as he usually just read it from her mind like an open book.
But another thought plagued her. If Bloodmoon hated Icewings, what would happen if he somehow found out that Eclipse was more closely tied with the tribe than he realized? Even worse, possibly the root of the problem that drove the great divide between the two tribes. Every dragon on the continent knew why Icewings and Nightwings didn't get along. It was told in stories and folklore that trickled through the ancestry of every dragon on the continent. A legend. A lesson.
And it all started from one Animus Icewing.
Eclipse buried the wordless thoughts beneath a pile of worthless, scattered thoughts, looking away from Bloodmoon as he stepped into the truck, blocking out his mind reading.

Eclipse turned to Sunspot, trying to push all attention to Bloodmoon out of her mind completely.
"Check the others and see who is injured. Bring them back here so we can take care of them."
She paused. "If you are okay with that..."

Eclipse turned around to look at Bloodmoon again, fixing him with a grudging look but forcing her frustration down. She knew it wasn't the most important thing at that moment. She heaved a long sigh.
"Fine," she grumbled, pacing a couple steps closer to him.

@-Kiwi- @Mary Poopins Love
Sunspot nodded and began scanning the dragons. She spotted a dark green LeafWing with mottled brown blotches bleeding from a wound in his neck and headed over to him. “Are you injured? Do you need medical attention?” She asked.

The LeafWing turned his head, wincing at the action. “I’m fine.” He said bluntly. “The last thing I want is to be touched by another human.” He narrowed his eyes slightly as if to challenge her.

You don’t even know the horrible things these dragons have gone through.

Sunspot kept up eye contact for a few more moments before sighing. “A fair point. I wouldn’t want it either. But if you want, Eclipse may be able to help.”

The dark LeafWing looked away. “Maybe.”

The wound in his neck looked deep and oozed crimson blood, as well as a yellowish substance that crusted his scales.

“It looks infected,” Sunspot pressed. Her tail began to twitch in annoyance.

“I said I don’t want it.” the LeafWing growled, turning and pacing away.

Sunspot let out an irritated growl of her own and watched him go.

Bloodmoon winced as Darkstalker's name was mentioned so casually. "You're thinking about that fuzzy creature you found." He smiled at the dragonet. "What's your favorite food Shard?"
Shard paused, tilting her head as she thought.
"Mother wanted me to like seal because it was her favorite, but I think it's too chewy. Have you ever had a seal before?" she didn't wait for Bloodmoon to answer. "I met a Rainwing once and she showed me what a mango was. I think I really like mangos but I've only had one, so I don't know if they are all the same. But that mango was really good."

Eclipse wrapped another strip of the bandage around Shard's forearm, smiling as she rambled on.

"Why are you red like that?" Shard suddenly asked, reaching out and touching his forearm briefly and then pulling away. "Wow, your scales are very warm. Are Nightwings usually red and warm?"

Shard paused, tilting her head as she thought.
"Mother wanted me to like seal because it was her favorite, but I think it's too chewy. Have you ever had a seal before?" she didn't wait for Bloodmoon to answer. "I met a Rainwing once and she showed me what a mango was. I think I really like mangos but I've only had one, so I don't know if they are all the same. But that mango was really good."

Eclipse wrapped another strip of the bandage around Shard's forearm, smiling as she rambled on.

"Why are you red like that?" Shard suddenly asked, reaching out and touching his forearm briefly and then pulling away. "Wow, your scales are very warm. Are Nightwings usually red and warm?"
Bloodmoon shivered as her freezing talon touched his arm. "Maybe I'm just warm because you're really cold. But no, NightWings aren't usually red." He looked at Eclipse and nodded down to Shard's arm. How many bullets are left? This dragonet has taken more than deserves.

Back
Top Bottom