Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Calla glared up at the dragoness above her. She laid her head back down on her talons, debating whether she should ignore her or not. “What’s it matter to you?” She grumbled, still looking down.
"Well, every dragon should have someone to talk to, and I figured that was a good way to start a conversation since I don't don't know anyone who would enjoy being caged." Lori tried to explain. Hopefully she didn't sound like a fool. How would she ever travel around the continent if she couldn't even make a decent conversation with a stranger? She was right earlier, she did need to improve her social skills.

"Well, every dragon should have someone to talk to, and I figured that was a good way to start a conversation since I don't don't know anyone who would enjoy being caged." Lori tried to explain. Hopefully she didn't sound like a fool. How would she ever travel around the continent if she couldn't even make a decent conversation with a stranger? She was right earlier, she did need to improve her social skills.
Calla growled silently. Most dragons would have left her alone by this point. She lifted her head to look up at Lori. “Perhaps. Or maybe this is just your opinion. Not every dragon prefers company. Not every dragon likes others being nosy. Not every dragon is like you,” Calla sneered nastily. She set her head back down on her talons, expecting the dragoness to leave.

Sage's blue eyes watched like a hawk from his area in the woods. He was perched on a high branch in a tree, his dark colors allowing him to blend in easily with the shadows of the trees all around him. His gaze raked the crowds in the nest, trying to find a cloudwing with black feathers. There were several cloudwings with black feathers, but he was looking for one with a resemblance to Vulture.
He spotted a group of young cloudwings playing and shook his head. Not him...too young. I need to get closer... He thought. Dropping from the branch, he glided closer to the nest. His mind was racing with ideas of how to sneak through the nest without being seen. Why do I need to not be seen... His thoughts whispered to him. His mouth turned up slightly and he leapt to the ground, still in the cover of trees. He dropped to all fours and slipped through the dark undergrowth. Making it to the edge of the nest, he spotted a black dragon near the edge of the nest and made his way over to him. The cloudwing was just examining some plants near the edge of the heavy forest and Sage locked eyes on his target. Slipping around to where the dragon was facing, he tensed and waited for the perfect moment. The Cloudwing grabbed some plants and turned to leave.
That was his chance.
Sage tore out of the forest holding a dragon muzzle in one claw. The cloudwing's head spun around and the eyes went wide as he realized what was happening.
But too late.
Sage clamped the muzzle and swiftly pulled out one of his pistol's with his other claw. The dragon's gray eyes filed with terror as he saw what had just muzzled him. Sage walked up to the frightened dragon and pointed the pistol at him. "Don't make a sound or you're dead."
The dragon nodded quickly and seemed to shrink as fear engulfed him.
Sage took a step closer and looked at the dragon's eyes. "Did you get to this nest just recently?"
Black feathers flew through the air as the cloudwing hastily shook his head no.
Continuing his stare at the dragon he asked another question, "Who was your mother?"
The cloudwing hesitated and then gestured to the muzzle. Without taking his gaze from the dragon, he loosened the muzzle but kept the pistol pointed at the dragon. "Now answer my question."
Rubbing his nose, the cloudwing peeped out, "My mother was a skywing, s..s...sir."
Nope.
"Have you heard of anymore black cloudwings who have entered one of the nests recently?" Sage's voice hissed out.
Standing a little taller, the cloudwing answered, "I heard there was a couple of new dragons in the Grebe's nest. Why do you need to know?"
"Where is that?"
"It's south of here." The cloudwing was gaining a little more confidence and stood taller, "Again, why do you need to know?"
With one swift motion, Sage rammed the butt of the pistol into the dragon's head and knocked him unconscious, but not enough to do terrible damage. With the dragon on the ground, Sage turned and left back into the woods.
South...ok. He took off in the direction the cloudwing had pointed out.

Again, Sage sat scanning the nest. He was pretty sure he was at Grebe's nest. He scanned the dragons walking outside. Spotting several cloudwings, he made his way closer to the nest. He got as close as he dared to the nest without being seen and waited. He picked a cloudwing and set his sights on it, prepared to wait until it made it's way over to the edge of the nest where he could speak with him.

Sage's blue eyes watched like a hawk from his area in the woods. He was perched on a high branch in a tree, his dark colors allowing him to blend in easily with the shadows of the trees all around him. His gaze raked the crowds in the nest, trying to find a cloudwing with black feathers. There were several cloudwings with black feathers, but he was looking for one with a resemblance to Vulture.
He spotted a group of young cloudwings playing and shook his head. Not him...too young. I need to get closer... He thought. Dropping from the branch, he glided closer to the nest. His mind was racing with ideas of how to sneak through the nest without being seen. Why do I need to not be seen... His thoughts whispered to him. His mouth turned up slightly and he leapt to the ground, still in the cover of trees. He dropped to all fours and slipped through the dark undergrowth. Making it to the edge of the nest, he spotted a black dragon near the edge of the nest and made his way over to him. The cloudwing was just examining some plants near the edge of the heavy forest and Sage locked eyes on his target. Slipping around to where the dragon was facing, he tensed and waited for the perfect moment. The Cloudwing grabbed some plants and turned to leave.
That was his chance.
Sage tore out of the forest holding a dragon muzzle in one claw. The cloudwing's head spun around and the eyes went wide as he realized what was happening.
But too late.
Sage clamped the muzzle and swiftly pulled out one of his pistol's with his other claw. The dragon's gray eyes filed with terror as he saw what had just muzzled him. Sage walked up to the frightened dragon and pointed the pistol at him. "Don't make a sound or you're dead."
The dragon nodded quickly and seemed to shrink as fear engulfed him.
Sage took a step closer and looked at the dragon's eyes. "Did you get to this nest just recently?"
Black feathers flew through the air as the cloudwing hastily shook his head no.
Continuing his stare at the dragon he asked another question, "Who was your mother?"
The cloudwing hesitated and then gestured to the muzzle. Without taking his gaze from the dragon, he loosened the muzzle but kept the pistol pointed at the dragon. "Now answer my question."
Rubbing his nose, the cloudwing peeped out, "My mother was a skywing, s..s...sir."
Nope.
"Have you heard of anymore black cloudwings who have entered one of the nests recently?" Sage's voice hissed out.
Standing a little taller, the cloudwing answered, "I heard there was a couple of new dragons in the Grebe's nest. Why do you need to know?"
"Where is that?"
"It's south of here." The cloudwing was gaining a little more confidence and stood taller, "Again, why do you need to know?"
With one swift motion, Sage rammed the butt of the pistol into the dragon's head and knocked him unconscious, but not enough to do terrible damage. With the dragon on the ground, Sage turned and left back into the woods.
South...ok. He took off in the direction the cloudwing had pointed out.

Again, Sage sat scanning the nest. He was pretty sure he was at Grebe's nest. He scanned the dragons walking outside. Spotting several cloudwings, he made his way closer to the nest. He got as close as he dared to the nest without being seen and waited. He picked a cloudwing and set his sights on it, prepared to wait until it made it's way over to the edge of the nest where he could speak with him.
Yeesh, he's just so creepy. Reading this like whhhattt-
Shocked Steve Harvey GIF

Calla growled silently. Most dragons would have left her alone by this point. She lifted her head to look up at Lori. “Perhaps. Or maybe this is just your opinion. Not every dragon prefers company. Not every dragon likes others being nosy. Not every dragon is like you,” Calla sneered nastily. She set her head back down on her talons, expecting the dragoness to leave.
"I suppose that is true, but I wouldn't have known how you felt about company until I tried to speak to you." Lori replied, trying to still sound confident even though she knew she'd really failed at making a good conversation "Goodbye, then. I hope you enjoy your alone time." She'd meant it to be sincere but, oh no she'd really messed that up more. She didn't word what she said well at all and it would probably make the grumpy dragoness even angrier. Lori walked away into the crowd of dragons. She decided to get another mango to eat, that way she couldn't convince herself to talk to anymore dragons yet.

Sol rolled his eyes, watching Eclipse retreat towards the small, raomimg crowd of dragons.
"Ecliiiipse." He half groaned, his vision inverted due to his unusual position. "Eclipse, come here and say more encouraging things." Sol laughed softly, a wide grin on his face as the silver dragon turned back with an inquisitive look. "Distract me." A playful thought entered his mind, and he decided to go with it, feeding off of the SkyWing's energy. "I mean- more than you already do."

His mind was a warzone. Every side fought for Tobias, every side continually gilt tripping logic. Sol pushed it all back, attempting to keep the impulsive thoughts at bay- but they were tempting. So very tempting. Honestly, he craved them. But if he could just stay in the present- just revert back to the typical role he had played over the years.. everything was fine. Tobias was fine. He had to be. And everything would work out just the way it was supposed to. He was surrounded by friends. Loving, caring friends. And everything would be just fine.

"Gosh," Sol thought, "what a lie that was."
"I... what?"
Eclipse stared at the Solarwing.
Why is he being so weird? She thought looking him up and down for a moment.
Well, weirder.
She felt the scales beneath her eyes begin to glow in embarrassment as the other two turned toward her as well, and she shifted uncomfortably. There was a mischievous glint in the Skywing's eyes at Sol's words, which only made her face warm more.
Eclipse turned her gaze back to Sol.
"I can't tell if you are being sarcastic right now, or if I should actually be reacting to whatever in the name of the two continents you just said."
She forced an awkward smile.

@_-Captain BRM-_ @Blue Raptor @SarcasticDrag0n

"I... what?"
Well, weirder.
She felt the scales beneath her eyes begin to glow in embarrassment as the other two turned toward her as well, and she shifted uncomfortably. There was a mischievous glint in the Skywing's eyes at Sol's words, which only made her face warm more.
"I can't tell if you are being sarcastic right now, or if I should actually be reacting to whatever in the name of the two continents you just said."

Hibiscus had barely managed to stifle a gasp at Sol's cheeky words and she hid a giggle behind her wing.
Wow, what's got into him? she thought. She'd never heard him be so openly flirty.

"I... what?"
Well, weirder.

Sol laughed, shaking his head, "You pick." He noticed her blush, and lifted his head, openly wincing as his aching muscles protested.
"I'm only kidding, Eclipse. But- I do want to distract myself from Tobias. I'm trying to, uh, focus on.." he slowly eased his head back onto the cold, stone floor, "something else."

Hibiscus had barely managed to stifle a gasp at Sol's cheeky words and she hid a giggle behind her wing.
Wow, what's got into him? she thought. She'd never heard him be so openly flirty.
Sol laughed, shaking his head, "You pick." He noticed her blush, and lifted his head, openly wincing as his aching muscles protested.
"I'm only kidding, Eclipse. But- I do want to distract myself from Tobias. I'm trying to, uh, focus on.." he slowly eased his head back onto the cold, stone floor, "something else."
Eclipse pulled her wings in tighter as the Leafwing started giggling behind her wing, making the Lunarwing blush even more.
"Um, well..." she glanced down at the Icewing dragonet at her side, who was just finishing nibbling on one of her mangos.
"This is Shard," she said, gesturing the dragonet forward. "I found her on the transport and well... I've kinda been looking after her, because her parents..." she trailed off, hoping the others understood without her having to say aloud what the Icewing might not completely understand.
Shard bounded up to Sol, her dark blue eyes glittering with excitement as if the introduction was permission to finally ask whatever questions she'd been wondering.
"Why do you have these scratches?" The dragonet pointed to the tail barb and claw slashes on Sol's side, then pulled her talon back shyly.
"That kinda looks like a Sandwing tail-thing did that. Did you fight a Sandwing?"

@_-Captain BRM-_

"I suppose that is true, but I wouldn't have known how you felt about company until I tried to speak to you." Lori replied, trying to still sound confident even though she knew she'd really failed at making a good conversation "Goodbye, then. I hope you enjoy your alone time." She'd meant it to be sincere but, oh no she'd really messed that up more. She didn't word what she said well at all and it would probably make the grumpy dragoness even angrier. Lori walked away into the crowd of dragons. She decided to get another mango to eat, that way she couldn't convince herself to talk to anymore dragons yet.
Calla hissed as the dragoness bustled away. Deep down, she could feel how Lori’s words impacted her. But she could never let it show.
She lifted her head, watching the same LunarWing that she saw on the transport talk to Sol.
There was an adorable IceWing dragonet near them as well.
That was another thing that she would never tell anyone.
Dragonets were her weakness.

Back
Top Bottom