Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Sunspot rolled her eyes at Eclipse's comment and watched as everyone walked away. Again.

Good to see that Helios was alive, I suppose.

She let out a long, smoky sigh and flopped onto the ground, wincing at the way the hard concrete scraped her scales uncomfortably.

"Guess it's just me and you again, kid," she said. She felt bad for her previous attitude towards the timid dragonet. Why? No idea.
Shard shuffled toward Sunspot nervously, watching Eclipse pace away. She felt even smaller and completely exposed when she didn't have the silver dragoness there to shield her, and Sunspot had proven to be an unpredictable substitute.
"Why does the human look sick?" she whispered loudly, watching the interaction across the bunker.

@-Kiwi-

Eclipse stood up, gently nudging Shard toward Sunspot again.
"Watch her, please," she said, turning to walk away and then pausing and glancing back.
"And don't, you know, start a fight with any more royals."
The Lunarwing paced quickly in the direction of the two Solarwings, glancing warily at the strange humans with them. The idea she and Sol had come up with on the transport was still bubbling fresh in her mind, and she wanted to talk to Helios about it.
But it looked like it was going to have to wait. Sol looked as mentally drained as he was physically, and for once, Eclipse was finally seeing him talking to his father. Tobias was looking worse by the hour, and she desperately hoped that he would turn out alright by the time all of this was said and done.
The silver dragoness fell into step beside the king, dipping her head to him respectfully as she did.
"Is there any way I can help?"

@_-Captain BRM-_
@-Kiwi-
@Crestcrazy2

*checks clock*
(Bruh, what is sleep?)

Sol looked to Helios for answer. Harper was kneeled beside the cot, pulling supplies from her pack. She looked troubled.
"Sol," she said, cutting away Tobias' shirt, "let me work, and stop panicking. August won't die. " Sol approached slowly. "You've got to start thinking clearly, because you're literally being zero help right now."
"What should I do?" Sol asked, and Harper glanced up at him, but he couldn't meet her gaze. "I don't want to leave."
Harper dampened a cloth with a bottle of water. "Stay out of my way and let me work. You are a like a mother hen. An especially annoying one." She began to clean the bullet wound.
Sol shook his head gently, his eyes flicking up at Eclipse. He was too tired to be annoyed, too conflicted to be excepting. He lowered his head, moving to lean against the opposite wall, staying close to Tobias. He felt stares, but he hadn't asked for them, and he had no energy to care.

@Crestcrazy2
@-Shade-
@-Kiwi-

*checks post time*
Totally said "Geez, Nikkiiii" aloud-
Funny, because I was awake then, too, gettin slammed with H&S inspo. Wrote for a solid hour 1/2, then crassshhhed. I re-read it today, totally expecting absolute garbage being that I was still recovering from that concert and waking up early for worship practice and staying up late just to look at gotg memes with roockkeett, but it was actually usable.
Yall got to see my notebook, it's a whole friggin vibe, yo-
(Josh, if Helios is referring to Leuria, she is a human. I believe that's who he is referring to, so I am going to write it as so. But maybe it's Gen you're talking about?)

His voice echoed down the corridor, and Sol moved slowly to the doorway.
"Helios." He replied in answer. His father stood in the hallway, looking back at a figure, and for a moment Sol thought Gen had done something, and he tripped further out the doorway.
"What," Harper muttered, her hands deep in her sweater pockets. She looked tired and bored, her dark skin reflected the dim light.
Sol cleared his throat, "She's fine, Helios." He assured quickly, meeting his Father's gaze. "I... I need help. With Tobias."
Harper slipped past the SolarWing King, giving the small man beside the red dragon a look of distaste. "Cálmate, Sol," the Spanish sounded strange paired with her thick accent.
Gen crept from the shadows and stood beside Sol.
"Oh, my-" Lueria cut herself off and looked away. "This is a fine reunion, now isn't it? Hate to assume, but if I say the wrong words do you kill me, or.." she gave Gen a pointed look with her mismatched eyes, and the hybrid stared back, emotionless.
Sol sucked in a sharp breath and cocked his head with an exasperated look. "I need help with Tobias." He repeated, and Lueria nodded, looking rueful as she passed through the door way, slipping her pack to one shoulder.
Sol trotted towards Helios, counting on his Father to be of some consoling guidance. "Gen says Tobe's broken ribs." Sol said in a quiet tone. "And he says he'll loose his arm," Sol looked away, his breathy voice laced with panicked frailty, which he finally dared to release. He wasn't sure why Helios would care. But weren't fathers supposed to care? Sol craved comfort and peace. If he had to stoop levels to get it, then he would, because he was desperate.

Shadyyyy
@Crestcrazy3000
Remember your first super long user name? 😂 It was like Kiwiandsomethingorother1234 (because Sunspot is there)

Lueria (Harper) and Gen and Sol and Tobias and Alicanto are all characters in Of Heart & Sol. Harper's first appearance is in this next Part, which I am still editing, but it's coming, I swear. So, it'll be a little confusing for those who aren't going to read H&S, but it will be fun for those who have :))
Helios nodded grimly to Sol, seeing the state of his human and knowing it wasn’t good. “I’m glad to see you made it.” He said without looking at him, his eyes still glued to the human trying to fix up Tobias. “What happened to the scav-.. Tobias?” He corrected himself, shaking his head and facing his son before stepping closer. As he did so Archer hopped off his back and knelt beside Tobias.

“Oh dear, did they kidnap you too? That’s a nasty wound, looks like it could get infected real soon, if it’s not already. You’re stone cold, ugh, dragons everywhere and no one thinks to warm him up? Are we saving him or watching him die?” He berated to no one in particular, seemingly unafraid of the huge dragons around him. He looked at Harper and gave her a quizzical frown. “What are we doing here?” He asked, rolling up his sleeves and looking Tobias over again.

( ok Harper IS human right?!? And she’s the same person as lueria?)

Sol looked to Helios for answer. Harper was kneeled beside the cot, pulling supplies from her pack. She looked troubled.
"Sol," she said, cutting away Tobias' shirt, "let me work, and stop panicking. August won't die. " Sol approached slowly. "You've got to start thinking clearly, because you're literally being zero help right now."
"What should I do?" Sol asked, and Harper glanced up at him, but he couldn't meet her gaze. "I don't want to leave."
Harper dampened a cloth with a bottle of water. "Stay out of my way and let me work. You are a like a mother hen. An especially annoying one." She began to clean the bullet wound.
Sol shook his head gently, his eyes flicking up at Eclipse. He was too tired to be annoyed, too conflicted to be excepting. He lowered his head, moving to lean against the opposite wall, staying close to Tobias. He felt stares, but he hadn't asked for them, and he had no energy to care.
Helios nodded grimly to Sol, seeing the state of his human and knowing it wasn’t good. “I’m glad to see you made it.” He said without looking at him, his eyes still glued to the human trying to fix up Tobias. “What happened to the scav-.. Tobias?” He corrected himself, shaking his head and facing his son before stepping closer. As he did so Archer hopped off his back and knelt beside Tobias.

“Oh dear, did they kidnap you too? That’s a nasty wound, looks like it could get infected real soon, if it’s not already. You’re stone cold, ugh, dragons everywhere and no one thinks to warm him up? Are we saving him or watching him die?” He berated to no one in particular, seemingly unafraid of the huge dragons around him. He looked at Harper and gave her a quizzical frown. “What are we doing here?” He asked, rolling up his sleeves and looking Tobias over again.

( ok Harper IS human right?!? And she’s the same person as lueria?)
(Yeah, Lueria Harper is the human)

Eclipse gave the human that had come with Helios a withering look.
"Are you always this incredibly annoying? Honestly, I'm surprised someone hasn't eaten you by now, done us all a favor."
She shoved the irritating scavenger away with one claw, side-stepping closer to Sol.
"How about you leave this to Sol's friend here and stop getting in the way."
Eclipse turned to face Sol, gently brushing his wing with hers as she stepped a little closer. She wished she knew what to say to comfort him, but she couldn't think of anything. She just hoped the Solarwing knew she was here to support him.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@Crestcrazy2

Last edited:

"Are you always this incredibly annoying? Honestly, I'm surprised someone hasn't eaten you by now, done us all a favor."
She shoved the irritating scavenger away with one claw, side-stepping closer to Sol.
Eclipse turned to face Sol, gently brushing his wing with hers as she stepped a little closer. She wished she knew what to comfort him, but she couldn't think of anything. She just hoped the Solarwing knew she was here to support him.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@Crestcrazy2
Archer frowned, stepping around her huge talons and to the other side of Tobias. “I’m not annoying, I’m just talkative. Besides, she can’t take his arm off by herself without it getting…messy.” He said, nodding towards Harper and slowing down for a moment, emphasizing his last word.

Archer frowned, stepping around her huge talons and to the other side of Tobias. “I’m not annoying, I’m just talkative. Besides, she can’t take his arm off by herself without it getting…messy.” He said, nodding towards Harper and slowing down for a moment, emphasizing his last word.
"Take off his-- hang on a second!"
Eclipse reached out again and snatched the human in her talon, lifting him off the ground.

@Crestcrazy2
@_-Captain BRM-_

Eclipse turned to face Sol, gently brushing his wing with hers as she stepped a little closer. She wished she knew what to comfort him, but she couldn't think of anything. She just hoped the Solarwing knew she was here to support him.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@Crestcrazy2
"Take off his-- hang on a second!"
Eclipse reached out again and snatched the human in her talon, lifting him off the ground.

@Crestcrazy2
@_-Captain BRM-_
Lueria turned, raising her hands in question. "If you are loud and wake him up I'm going to kill something."
Sol steadied the little man as he swung in Eclipse's talon. "You say he's cold? Oh, I'm such a fool-" he growled in annoyance, channeling energy into his already warming scales. "Are you a doctor?" He looked up to Helios in question.

@Crestcrazy2
@-Shade-

Lueria turned, raising her hands in question. "If you are loud and wake him up I'm going to kill something."
Sol steadied the little man as he swung in Eclipse's talon. "You say he's cold? Oh, I'm such a fool-" he growled in annoyance, channeling energy into his already warming scales. "Are you a doctor?" He looked up to Helios in question.

@Crestcrazy2
@-Shade-
Eclipse growled quietly, dropping her gaze to stare coldly at the other human.
"You're not seriously taking his arm off are you," she said a little quieter, trying not to show the horror and worry that suddenly swirled into her mind.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@Crestcrazy2

Back
Top Bottom