Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

I’m finally finished! :yesss:

Name: Sundog
Tribe: Solarwing hybrid, parentage unknown

Physical appearance: Rich russet scales, with electric blue freckles. His markings are simpler than most Solarwing’s.The lights on his crest glow a pale milky white. Not being a purebred Solarwing, he has forelegs. Metallic devices have been implanted in his skin along his neck and spine.

Personality: To be RPed
Backstory:
The hallway’s fluorescent lights were situated in such a way that Sundog could crouch, hidden, in the metal rafters. His tail twitched lazily, the alarm still had several minutes before it was triggered, he had been sure to give himself some extra time, he’d made that mistake before, the scar had just begun to heal. The rafters were large enough he could nestle the bulk of his body comfortably, he shifted his haunches so he could jump down quickly when the time came. He checked the human device on his wrist, he had plenty of time before the humans were tearing down the hall to check their alarm. These waiting moments he always used to reflect.

He had come so far. Fighting in the Scorpion Den had brought him much attention and his owner great wealth, humans now sought out his owner seeking to hire Sundog to finish up business and run errands. He thought this was a rather decent arrangement he was in, he would go out and ‘run errands’, his owner would get paid a large sum, and Sundog received free lodging and food. Albeit his room was a little cramped, he could picture it now, clean tiled floors with overhead lights and white walls, he had a small cot in the corner.

He had company too, an old dragoness lived in the room beside him, he talked with her through the boxy window between their spaces. She never told him her name, he doubted she could remember it anymore. She had taught him the Draconic he knew now, he was deeply grateful for it. In the spare time he spent sitting in his room he would run through the words she had taught him through his mind, frightened he might forget them.

The only downsides Sundog could think of were the dreams… Oh, the dreams! They grew more and more vivid each night, stealing away hours of sleep he would need the coming morning. Some nights, a human would quietly sneak into his room, and before he could ask it what it was doing or break its meager spine it would inject a milky substance into his muscles and consciousness would be gone in a snap. The worst part was waking up, Sundog shuddered just thinking about it. As soon as he started to wake up and whatever the humans had injected wore off, a great crushing fear would wash over him, so strong it made his muscles scream in protest. Often a new alloy was implanted into his skin, and less frequently the alloys in his neck were replaced. He’d long since stopped trying to dig them out, it caused more pain than it was worth.

The device on his wrist beeped, bingo.

Just as he’d practiced, he exhaled slowly, breathing gasses into the air. He couldn’t see them, but he’d done this so many times he knew they were there, swirling in the hallway. His ears pricked, human footsteps were approaching rapidly, he could see them rounding the corner into his range. Sundog counted six of them, none armed as far as he could see, “perfect, this’ll be taken care of quickly” he thought. Just as the humans came into view he released small sparks of fire-breath, he could feel the heat as the gasses immediately caught fire, burning invisible flames. The unsuspecting humans ran straight into the cloaked flames that filled the hall. Sundog slid down from the rafters with catlike grace, unbothered by the heat from the flames licking his scales, and the remaining shrieking humans were silenced. Sundog made quick work of them with his dagger and the keen edges of his wings.

It was a simple mission, really. The intent was to intimidate, so he didn’t bother with extinguishing the hydrogen flames in the hallway and disposing of the charred bodies, the humans could deal with the cleanup. His master would get payed greatly for this, and Sundog thought he’d done a rather neat job of it.

He winged his way back to the Scorpion Den, ready for a night filled with dreams.

I have a (long) write-up for him that provides a sort of ’intro’ to his character, although I’m unsure if I should put it in the background space or just post it as it’s own thing? Idk..

E5191B0F-AF4A-4434-A771-EB2846614A2F.png

Last edited:
(Oh, sorry, I didn't even see that. I think I accidentally reacted 🤣.)

"About the plan." Sol echoed. "But if he agrees to out plan, then I want to accompany him. To the Kingdom of Sun. Right? Won't one of us have to go on behalf of... This... Little... Operation?"
Eclipse nodded slowly, her gaze drifting to the far wall, once again distant in thought.
"They would listen to you," she said, "The Solarwings, I mean. You are still their prince, regardless of the fact you don't remember your life there. Of course, Helios will help, a lot." She dragged a talon down her face with another sigh.
"I don't know Sol. I've never been to the Kingdom of The Sun before. I mean, obviously, but I just don't know what I'd do... with myself. Around all of them."
She gave him a nervous glance.
"You know what I mean?"

@_-Captain BRM-_

Last edited:
Eclipse nodded slowly, her gaze drifting to the far wall, once again distant in thought.
"They would listen to you," she said, "The Solarwings, I mean. You are still their prince, regardless of the fact you don't remember your life there. Of course, Helios will help, a lot." She dragged a talon down her face with another sigh.
"I don't know Sol. I've never been to the Kingdom of The Sun before. I mean, obviously, but I just don't know what I'd do... with myself. Around all of them."
She gave him a nervous glance.
"You know what I mean?"

@_-Captain BRM-_
"Yeah, okay." Sol nodded. "Alright- I'll go talk to him." He turned swiftly, shaking his wings out as he walked down the hall and approached his father

Ah..mm... Bruh.

Shard scrambled after Sunspot, instinctively starting to duck beneath her wing before stopping and falling back nervously. She glanced nervously up at the other dragons, feeling suddenly small and alone in the room. She wasn't complete stranger to the feeling--it was exactly how she'd felt on the transport before Eclipse had started taking care of her. But it wasn't a feeling she liked to revisit, and the faster she found the Lunarwing, the better. Sunspot wasn't exactly the protection and stronghold Shard was longing for.

(Calm down Cap, I am writing Eclipse's part right now)
Sunspot kept her ears pricked as she stepped down the concrete hallway, but all she heard was buzzing flourescent lights. The roof was high above her head, strong steel bars running along its length.

She twisted her head around to peer at the nervous dragonet who was trailing behind her. Shard was so small. Anything could happen.

Sunspot was becoming increasingly aware that she had no clue where she was going. She paused, sweeping her tail across the floor. The concrete hallway seemed like an endless maze, more, smaller corridors branching off. All lit by the same cold light.

It was decidedly unsettling, was her point.

Hmmmm.

I’m finally finished! :yesss:

Name: Sundog
Tribe: Solarwing hybrid, parentage unknown

Physical appearance: Rich russet scales, with electric blue freckles. His markings are simpler than most Solarwing’s.The lights on his crest glow a pale milky white. Not being a purebred Solarwing, he has forelegs. Metallic devices have been implanted in his skin along his neck and spine.

Personality: To be RPed
Backstory:

I have a (long) write-up for him that provides a sort of ’intro’ to his character, although I’m unsure if I should put it in the background space or just post it as it’s own thing? Idk..

View attachment 3617510
@-Kiwi- is this approved?

Shrike sucked in a sharp breath, but there was no time to sit and contemplate Helios’ words; the CloudWing scrambled to follow the red dragon. He appeared annoyed for some reason, but not at Shrike.
The feathered dragon bristled, neck feathers lifting when he questioned if Helios really knew his son as well at it appeared he did.
“An.. ya know where he’s been? What he’s been doin’?” He asked tensely, ignoring the SolarWing’s question.

Twenty minutes passed on, and they dragged by. Sol began to agree with Eclipse- why had he left that room? And so willingly, too.
"We need to talk to Helios." He suddenly muttered, glancing towards the LunarWing with an expression of hope. "About... Our plan."

"Yeah, okay." Sol nodded. "Alright- I'll go talk to him." He turned swiftly, shaking his wings out as he walked down the hall and approached his father

Ah..mm... Bruh.

@RDchicken99, sorry the RP's been so slow. If Josh doesn't show up soon, someone might need to temporarily interact for Helios on behalf of him. Usually we're writing more, it hasn't been this "dead" for half a year.
SORRRY!!!! School just started where I work (a school) and it’s been busy! Plus I’m out of high speed data so I can’t do anything unless I’m home with WiFi atm. And I’ve been mentally drained! But that’s no excuse!

Helios looked at the cloudwing with an irritated, almost hurt look. “I’ve only known he was there for a couple days, if I’d known sooner I would’ve been in there a long time ago.” He said tensely, keeping his wings tucked in close to himself, afraid the burning hot scales would burn anyone toward close. He concentrated on cooling his scales, no need for his anger to cause anyone pain. Why does this cloudwing care, sure he wasn’t able to save Sol sooner but he would’ve if he’d known where to look.

A crimson dragon approached him, his face coming into the light and revealing his identity.
“Sol! How are your feeling? How’s that human of yours?” He asked slowly, taking a step towards him.

@Blue Raptor
@_-Captain BRM-_

SORRRY!!!! School just started where I work (a school) and it’s been busy! Plus I’m out of high speed data so I can’t do anything unless I’m home with WiFi atm. And I’ve been mentally drained!

But that’s no excuse!
Mmbruh, yes it is 😂 life is life.
Helios looked at the cloudwing with an irritated, almost hurt look. “I’ve only known he was there for a couple days, if I’d known sooner I would’ve been in there a long time ago.” He said tensely, keeping his wings tucked in close to himself, afraid the burning hot scales would burn anyone toward close. He concentrated on cooling his scales, no need for his anger to cause anyone pain. Why does this cloudwing care, sure he wasn’t able to save Sol sooner but he would’ve if he’d known where to look.

A crimson dragon approached him, his face coming into the light and revealing his identity.
“Sol! How are your feeling? How’s that human of yours?” He asked slowly, taking a step towards him.

@Blue Raptor
@_-Captain BRM-_
"They're helping him." Sol said, nodding a little. "Hey, ah, I have a question for you- if now is a good time?"

@Crestcrazy2

Back
Top Bottom