Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Eclipse stared at Sol in silent amazement, briefly taken aback by his speech.
"You're right. I will help wherever I can. Just tell me what needs done when we know."
Shard looked up excitedly, a dark tongue flicking across his snout.
"Me too! I wanna help!"
The Lunarwing smiled sadly down at the dragonet.
For all she's lost... she's still willing to give so much.
"Yeah, Shard." Sol stode near the dragonet, shivering as his wing brushed her side. "We should go help the others." He said, lowering his head to Tobias. "I'm glad you're awake."
"I know it," Tobias nodded, a glum half-smile marking his pale lips. "You're doing well."
Sol exhaled a short, tight laugh, knowing already Tobias's words were phrasing he would return to over the following weeks. "Get better."
Sol pulled away, and Tobias felt his shoulders tense as the heated air dissipated. He leaned back and gave Eclipse a short nod, his gaze shifting towards the IceWing as Sol pushed her from his way with a wide, bright wing.
"Geez, your so cold," Sol gasped, and his words echoed with volume as he let his spine jump with jittering shudders. He moved toward the door, keeping Shard back with a steady, boxing wing. "You're raising a mighty fine kid, here, Eclipse," Sol drawled, dropping his head as he cast the LunarWing a banterous nod.

His witty demeanor wavered with a final glance at Tobias, the man's eyes full of... pride.
For a moment, Sol was locked back in the transport, chocking on pain, panicking, panicking, envisioning a false reality, one where Tobias really did lay dead and grayed before his dull eyes, on the wretched, stained floor of a dirt-ridden, rattling transport, the wounded and sick gathered and dead, the helplessness thick and burning. It was a scene out of Hell, and the disturbance left deep, reckless, open wounds.
They would never scar, he thought.
Never.

The SolarWing's composure showed no sign of waver, nor unease, and the dragon pressed on, committing Eclipse a full glance before he rushed on through the narrow doorway.

(I'm going to cry)

The sun drifted below a dusty, smauged horizon, and the cooling air tempered her sizzling scales.
Vel landed on shuddering back limbs, clutching the ground with her free talons as she spilled Alicanto atop the sun-warmed, cracking blacktop. She coughed, a jarring, painful motion jerking the RainWing's entire body.
Vel's eyes flicked over the small, shriveled black hybrid, and she crossed her worn talons, sidestepping and turning her gaze.
The SkyWing sat a few yards back, leaning heavily on locked front legs as exhaustion manipulated the starving muscles throughout his lower half.

"Velaria?"
Her name echoed through the forgotten city, and Vel tilted her head up to the gray sky, panting.
A quiet moment passed, filled only with breathing, and the clinking struggle of balancing talons.
"Here, Vel." It was a woman's voice, her tone comforting and mirrored with thick exhaustion. Vel turned her head toward the blurred, tall figure, still wordless, still panting, rendered dumb by fatigue. "We are still here."
She nodded, a weakening motion.
"The others are here."
"They didn't leave," the dragon breathed through a trembling jaw.
"No."
Vel faltered, leaning forward as she limped toward the small, crusted hybrid.
The dark woman hesitated, a frown tipping her lips. "You do not have to bring that in, friend."
"He isn't dead."
The human turned slow on her gritty heel, voice quiet, but direct. "I know."
Vel slid a numb talon across the sand-dusted blacktop, gathering the limp, dry Alicanto against her scaled chest. She coughed again, limping forward on tight, breaking joints. Her wings hung loose and the tips dragged raw.

They didn't leave.
She hadn't been forgotten.
And she was too tired to think them fools.
Spured by emotion, the RainWing hobbled forward, holding gently the dying dragon at her side.
They were Roe's RainWings, the pride of it all uniquely satisfying.
And even without their human counterpart, the RainWings would yet carry the fire.
She was almost home.

(AH don't CHOKE on the CRINGE- seriously how else do I end it tho. I really did try to avoid it at all costs, but I must get on with my irl loiiifffeee SOB-

also, yeah, it's all chock full of adverb overload so *ahehe*

LETS PROCRASTINATE PROCRASTINATION 💪💪💪✨✨✨❤️❤️❤️🔥🔥🔥🫠🫠😁

iM gOinG bAcK tO bEd-

"Yeah, Shard." Sol stode near the dragonet, shivering as his wing brushed her side. "We should go help the others." He said, lowering his head to Tobias. "I'm glad you're awake."
"I know it," Tobias nodded, a glum half-smile marking his pale lips. "You're doing well."
Sol exhaled a short, tight laugh, knowing already Tobias's words were phrasing he would return to over the following weeks. "Get better."
Sol pulled away, and Tobias felt his shoulders tense as the heated air dissipated. He leaned back and gave Eclipse a short nod, his gaze shifting towards the IceWing as Sol pushed her from his way with a wide, bright wing.
"Geez, your so cold," Sol gasped, and his words echoed with volume as he let his spine jump with jittering shudders. He moved toward the door, keeping Shard back with a steady, boxing wing. "You're raising a mighty fine kid, here, Eclipse," Sol drawled, dropping his head as he cast the LunarWing a banterous nod.

His witty demeanor wavered with a final glance at Tobias, the man's eyes full of... pride.
For a moment, Sol was locked back in the transport, chocking on pain, panicking, panicking, envisioning a false reality, one where Tobias really did lay dead and grayed before his dull eyes, on the wretched, stained floor of a dirt-ridden, rattling transport, the wounded and sick gathered and dead, the helplessness thick and burning. It was a scene out of Hell, and the disturbance left deep, reckless, open wounds.
Never.

The SolarWing's composure showed no sign of waver, nor unease, and the dragon pressed on, committing Eclipse a full glance before he rushed on through the narrow doorway.

(I'm going to cry)
The sun drifted below a dusty, smauged horizon, and the cooling air tempered her sizzling scales.
Vel landed on shuddering back limbs, clutching the ground with her free talons as she spilled Alicanto atop the sun-warmed, cracking blacktop. She coughed, a jarring, painful motion jerking the RainWing's entire body.
Vel's eyes flicked over the small, shriveled black hybrid, and she crossed her worn talons, sidestepping and turning her gaze.
The SkyWing sat a few yards back, leaning heavily on locked front legs as exhaustion manipulated the starving muscles throughout his lower half.

"Velaria?"
Her name echoed through the forgotten city, and Vel tilted her head up to the gray sky, panting.
A quiet moment passed, filled only with breathing, and the clinking struggle of balancing talons.
"Here, Vel." It was a woman's voice, her tone comforting and mirrored with thick exhaustion. Vel turned her head toward the blurred, tall figure, still wordless, still panting, rendered dumb by fatigue. "We are still here."
She nodded, a weakening motion.
"The others are here."
"They didn't leave," the dragon breathed through a trembling jaw.
"No."
Vel faltered, leaning forward as she limped toward the small, crusted hybrid.
The dark woman hesitated, a frown tipping her lips. "You do not have to bring that in, friend."
"He isn't dead."
The human turned slow on her gritty heel, voice quiet, but direct. "I know."
Vel slid a numb talon across the sand-dusted blacktop, gathering the limp, dry Alicanto against her scaled chest. She coughed again, limping forward on tight, breaking joints. Her wings hung loose and the tips dragged raw.

They didn't leave.
She hadn't been forgotten.
And she was too tired to think them fools.
Spured by emotion, the RainWing hobbled forward, holding gently the dying dragon at her side.
They were Roe's RainWings, the pride of it all uniquely satisfying.
And even without their human counterpart, the RainWings would yet carry the fire.
She was almost home.

(AH don't CHOKE on the CRINGE- seriously how else do I end it tho. I really did try to avoid it at all costs, but I must get on with my irl loiiifffeee SOB-

also, yeah, it's all chock full of adverb overload so *ahehe*

LETS PROCRASTINATE PROCRASTINATION 💪💪💪✨✨✨❤️❤️❤️🔥🔥🔥🫠🫠😁

iM gOinG bAcK tO bEd-
Gosh, both of these are just gold Cap

Legit struggled not to cry reading Sol's part.

Sorry I haven't gotten around to responding, I was dumb last nigh and stayed up till half last twelve reading books- then realized I had work this morning and no time to write before bed. I will hopefully get to it this morning, if not, this afternoon.

Gosh, both of these are just gold Cap

Legit struggled not to cry reading Sol's part.

Sorry I haven't gotten around to responding, I was dumb last nigh and stayed up till half last twelve reading books- then realized I had work this morning and no time to write before bed. I will hopefully get to it this morning, if not, this afternoon.
You're so sweet, Taber 😭
It's nice to get back into writing... I've definitely been pushing it off the past few months.

I know, I know, it's so painfulllll.

Dude, no worries at all. Totally take your time. And staying up reading in MJ hours? Heck, this is the way ✋

"Yeah, Shard." Sol strode near the dragonet, shivering as his wing brushed her side. "We should go help the others." He said, lowering his head to Tobias. "I'm glad you're awake."

Never.

(I'm going to cry)
Shard smiled brightly, her chest puffing slightly as she stared after the Solarwing.
"Because I'm an Icewing. I'm Icy."
The dragonet dissolved into giggles, discomfort from the heat easily forgotten.
Eclipse met Sol's long glance, her eyes meeting his with a small, exhausted but grateful smile before he slipped back down the short hall.
"Rest, Tobias," the Lunarwing said softly, scooping a silver wing around Shard and directing her toward the exit. Eclipse stood and started to follow, pausing to give the human a wry look.
"And I mean it. Don't be sneaking outside. Yet."

@_-Captain BRM-_

@RDchicken99
Make him a tthhiiiiiinnnnnngggg, I think he's gonna be in the Den or something? You have an untouched sheet here- I can't wait to see what you come up with.
(Shoot, I never got a notif for this! Let me skim through the RP to get some background, I’ll get to working on Sundog soon. I have lots of ideas for him 🤭)

(@-Shade- what’s the current situation of the Scorpion Den? I’m reading through the RP but it’s going to take me a good long while until I’m fully caught up.)
Ewagh no don't sob aAhhhh-
(Shoot, I never got a notif for this! Let me skim through the RP to get some background, I’ll get to working on Sundog soon. I have lots of ideas for him 🤭)
You should be able to throw him in just fine. This is like- a part two of the RP.

Back
Top Bottom