Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

It’s not wet, just crispy. Accidentally imprinted on it 🤭
80D28EA0-E69A-42CA-823A-2E9560F70343.jpeg

Other half didn’t say a word about the peeping or chicks. I think he’s over trying to keep the hatching from happening. Finally! Now I can keep going and going lol

View attachment 2396050

Other half didn’t say a word about the peeping or chicks. I think he’s over trying to keep the hatching from happening. Finally! Now I can keep going and going lol
Gahhhhhhhhh that duckling. 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

View attachment 2396050

That requires either selling a lot or building more buildings.

What are these babies?

FBM, Golden Spitzhauben, Barbezieux, Isbar and Golden Deathlayer.

Weirdest thing though... there were only 2 Marans. But I ended up with 3 feathered legged chicks 🤔 and the breeds were pure, no mixes. I’ll have to post pictures when I get up. On vacation this week, soooo.... lazy.

How many birds fit comfortably in an acre? Luckily we’re in the Seattle area (1.5 hours north east) people have driven for hours to buy birds.

All proceeds go towards retirement. Their feed is considered entertainment funds.
Comfort for you, the land, or the birds? ;-) I think in general if you were doing NOTHING to manage the manure, an acre of land can handle 80 birds. If you're housing them overnight, managing the manure from that coop, you can increase that number.

Comfort for you, the land, or the birds? ;-) I think in general if you were doing NOTHING to manage the manure, an acre of land can handle 80 birds. If you're housing them overnight, managing the manure from that coop, you can increase that number.

More so comfort for the birds. They have a lot of space, but it seems only 1/3 is actually used constantly. I’ll see them foraging throughout the day, but not constantly used.

Their housing is working out great so far with 50+ birds currently. Large hen house with sand floor and another coop that houses 30 birds, sand as well. The turkeys hang out on the roosts in the covered run.

Emus on the other hand use it all. Zoomies every morning. Have a feeling they will have to go down to 2 acre field during breeding season. I’ll see how it goes and make a decision from there.

Definitely have to be honest here... I have a problem! Maybe some intervention is needed?

Back
Top Bottom