Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win!

Pics
Nope, they have webbed toes!

it is actually more of where I live than anything else, I have no standing water or creek, I live on sand so everything they do is dirty and muddy. (with the water I give them)  We have a lake cabin, but it is way up in the sticks, I would love ducks and geese up there, but we only get to it a few times a year and there are too many Wolves. Bear, Fishers, mink, and other furbearing critters for them to survive there.

I had hoped to move there someday, but my Wife took total joy in smashing those dreams for me...She refuses to live very far from the grandkids....

The footer is more of a joke to tease one of the kids on the Surviving Minnesota thread, he is totally and completely unhealthily in love with ducks and geese..... I am hoping as he gets older he discovers Girls or his parents will be completely disappointed in the lack of Grandkids.

Ah! :lau

Who is it? I need mor duck lubbers on my thread, unless he's already there..... There is no where near enough Webberd Birb addicts on this site!
-Banti

Ah!
lau.gif

Who is it? I need mor duck lubbers on my thread, unless he's already there..... There is no where near enough Webberd Birb addicts on this site!
-Banti

Completely a matter of opinion....I say we have way more than we need......

It is like arsenic too much will kill you......

There are a few on the Surviving Minnesota thread. BUT I am reforming them one quack at a time.

Completely a matter of opinion....I say we have way more than we need......

It is like arsenic too much will kill you......

There are a few on the Surviving Minnesota thread.  BUT I am reforming them one quack at a time.

Qu-ack!! I must rescue my fellow Burd-lubbers! :lau

Here are some ideas for articles:

Worming your flock
Salmonella (how to prevent it or deal with it)
Chicken obesity
Selling Eggs (tips, tricks, how much, how?)
Uses for eggshells

Here are some topics and ideas for you all:

- Tips for transporting chickens (for example when moving house or going to a show).
- A guide to showing poultry.
- What to look for when buying chicks/chickens.
- Setting up an area for safely free ranging chickens.
- Keeping chickens in the city.
- The correct and proper way to handle chickens.
- Picking, raising and training a LGD (livestock guardian dog) / Training your family dog(s) to cohabit with the flock without problems.
- Chicken coop cleaning and maintenance.

How about a "quick start guide" for those looking to buy chicks, ducklings, goslings, keets, or peachicks. It could include the very basic stuff needed for those just getting into poultry. I mention this because I sell young fowl, and many people show up unprepared.

All the different species have different requirements... Housing, heat, feed, etc.

How nice would it be to have all this in one place? Then I wouldn't have to explain it to each buyer, I could just send them a link to the article.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

I would love to see someone write an article on how to examine a sick/injured bird based on this:

Few members posted these ideas

Please can someone give me some ideas on what to write about?!

I have a list to pick from:

Why Ducks can ruin your reputation.

Is there such a thing as a good waterfowl (subtitles) Taking a ducks pulse

Biosecurity and keeping waterfowl locked in quarantine for 12 years before flock introduction....

How to train Guineas to remove waterfowl from you farm..

What to do if your goose maims your Pit bull..

How to do a waterfowl intervention for Bantychooks

I have an entire list of other ideas if none of those suit you...

gig.gif
lau.gif
I just break myself up sometimes!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom