Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win!

Pics
I am thinking of an article on why people owning ducks should be disqualified from writing articles.

BTW I could use one on maggot elimination in a wound. I had my one rooster that got a wound on his backside, I have been watching it and it looked like it was healing until last night when I found it loaded with maggots...

I have found no articles on how to get rid of them and heal him. I am afraid I will be losing him.
hit.gif

I am thinking of an article on why people owning ducks should be disqualified from writing articles.

BTW I could use one on maggot elimination in a wound. I had my one rooster that got a wound on his backside, I have been watching it and it looked like it was healing until last night when I found it loaded with maggots...

I have found no articles on how to get rid of them and heal him. I am afraid I will be losing him.
hit.gif
Oh nooo.... I had one like that, but I didn't find her in time... So sorry.
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2014/07/flystrike-in-backyard-chickens-causes.html

hit.gif
You need to clean the wound out and remove all maggots ASAP! Then keep him inside away from flies.

-Kathy

edited to add:

Maybe someone should write an article on preventing and treating flystrike?

Last edited:
You need to clean the wound out and remove all maggots ASAP! Then keep him inside away from flies.

-Kathy

We did all of that. He is still alive this morning. I may be able to write and article on this if he lives. I did not take pictures though. When I found them I was afraid pictures would make me look like a terrible chicken owner. It was so gross. In my brain I know flies lay eggs and maggots can appear in hours, but in my heart I feel so guilty for it.

I should have seen it coming!

We did all of that. He is still alive this morning. I may be able to write and article on this if he lives. I did not take pictures though. When I found them I was afraid pictures would make me look like a terrible chicken owner. It was so gross. In my brain I know flies lay eggs and maggots can appear in hours, but in my heart I feel so guilty for it.

I should have seen it coming!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom